Programmer II (IT) (34043)
Job Title: Programmer II
Reports To: Team Lead, CDP Configuration/Integration
Department: Information Technology
The Programmer II is responsible for making application development / configuration changes to CDP (C++ based application) as per specified service level agreements. He/ She will understand the business requirements and technical specifications, design a CDP solution, and develops client configuration changes. He/ She will assist in technical training for the junior team members, as needed, and provide subject matter expertize to the non-IT teams. This process invokes the full software development life cycle, from development, to testing, and finally implementation.
- Follow the G&D SDLC process in technical analysis, programming, test and implementation
- Work with IT Business Solutions Analysts to understand and analyze the requirements, and provide CDP technical solution when required
- Work with Operations and RMG to understand business requirements for daily requests, and technically design CDP solutions
- Provide quotes for programming requests
- Configure client setup according to the technical requirements
- Perform unit and UAT test, evaluate test results, make necessary adjustments to client setup, and regenerate output
- Create Implementation packages and perform environmental synchronization
- Perform mandatory checks and First Run Assistance after code migration to Production
- Complete Change Management documentation and adhere to change management processes
- Update time tracking system on a daily basis
- As part of G&D SDLC process, work with internal teams (Bill Of Materials/Document Composition/Quality Assurance) to ensure project deliverables are delivered on-time, per the requirement, and as per quoted effort
- Close Programming Requests appropriately and in a timely manner
- Respond to CDP 2nd and 3rd level production support request according to Development’s production support process
- Mock up customer data for unit and system testing as required
- Provide Peer Review of client setup
- Provide response to customer (internal and external) day-to-day questions/queries
- Provide root cause analysis for NCRs and production issues as needed
- Work with IT scheduling and the team lead to resolve scheduling issues as needed
- Contribute to training staff according to the CDP training plan
- Attend the Scrum meetings when assigned
- Review work estimates/ quotes when assigned
- Comply with G&D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- 1-2 years of application development experience in Windows operating system is required
- Working knowledge of MS SQL (stored procedures, functions, queries) is required
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of one or more object-oriented programming languages is required (C++ is preferable)
- Excellent understanding of various file formats is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
- Ability to work well in a team environment is required
- Ability to manage competing priorities across multiple projects is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- At times, may be required to work evening or weekends to meet deadlines.
- Will work primarily in an office setting.
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke + Devrient Mobile Security Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Pay Type Salary
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada