Manager, Client Applications Development
Job Title: Manager, Client Application Development
Reports To: Director, Solutions Engineering & Development
Department: Information Technology
The Manager, Client Applications Development, is responsible to provide development services and program maintenance/configuration for in-house and off-the-shelf. The purpose of Client Application development is to integrate G&D business partners (and their data streams) with G&D production services. The manager will be responsible for designing and driving necessary changes to processes, standards, staffing, and culture to meet the current and future challenges of the business. This individual will work closely with decision makers in other departments as well as well with the clients to identify, recommend, develop, and implement cost-effective application solutions. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices as it relates to Application development and related technologies
- Manage employees and contract staff to deliver on business and client related commitments
- Establish and tighten processes to ensure on-time, error free application delivery
- Manages all activities in Configuration Development and Document Composition teams
- Ensures applications programming activities and ensures standards and proper process and procedures are followed
- Allocates personnel to projects and directs their activities, evaluates work and performance, in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Manage Development Resources (projects/backups,/vacations,/teams)
- Works with other technical personnel on feasibility studies and systems planning
- Actively manage and mentor team, complete performance evaluations
- Cultivates and enforces functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance within IT
- Maintains professional contact with other organizations, research institutions and manufacturers concerning hardware and software
- Works closely with peer group in the IT organization to ensure appropriate level of communication and transfer of knowledge are taking place between their teams.
- Provide oversight on technical deliverables for projects and portfolio
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations as related to Application Development or Support
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, development, and initial support of all applications developed in house as well as associated development of related systems, tools, and environments
- Ensure application programming standards and processes are followed
- Champion and drive continuous improvement and best practice initiatives with group
- Take part in Operational meetings with other senior management team to address organizational challenges
- Build, articulate and gain support for the IT Applications’ strategy.
- Working with the appropriate business and technology resources, perform root cause analysis and develop mitigating plans for production related issues.
- Develop and implement all related policies and procedures, including (and not limited to) those for application development, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Working closely with peer group in IT organization to ensure appropriate level of communication and transfer knowledge are taking place in the teams.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of IT development/management or related work experience is required.
- Must be experienced with managing and driving change and be capable of building, articulating and delivering a clear technology roadmap and strategy
- Proven experience in IT Application stack planning and development
Skills and Competencies:
- The candidate date must have a solid technical understanding of high volume data processing applications and a working of knowledge of programming languages and concepts
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS and PCI-CP compliance standards
- Deep level understanding of programming methods and tools
- Knowledge current Application Development trends and technologies
- Exceptionally strong leadership
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage and effectively prioritize in a fast paced, deadline based environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation and sense of ownership
- Knowledge of personalization bureau business would be an asset
- Comply with G&D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- In-depth understanding of testing methods and tools to ensure the department’s deliverables adhere to internal and external quality expectations.
- University degree in an IT field is required
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Safety shoes required when visiting production floor
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Pay Type Salary
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada