Senior Software Quality Analyst
Senior Software Quality Analyst
Director, Technology Solutions
IT Intake and Planning
Driven to continually improving software and solution quality the IT Quality Analyst develops, implements and executes a rigorous quality processes in G+D high performance data processing and customer service technology environments.
- Responsible for developing, review and executing test practices & programs to drive a quality culture.
- Providing guidance to software development teams on development of processes and procedures to fulfil QMS
- Providing directions to software quality testing team members to enhance general quality and testing methodologies
- Responsible for planning, preparation of executing test cases against internally developed software including configurations data processing, Web and smartcard personalization applications
- Establishing and implementing integration and regression testing procedures to ensure that the interaction and co-existence of various software elements
- Participate in technical requirement reviews with cross-functional teams
- Provide test estimates and contribute to ensure delivery on schedule with high quality
- Applying knowledge of quality and process management to assist in the review and suggestion of quality improvements for processes, methods of instructions and quality procedures for the software team
- Reporting, leading and training members in root cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify and implement corrective actions
- Ensuring the software development are aligned with industry trends, regulations and standards
- Perform software testing for internal software including:
- Analyze the business and functional requirements
- Write/ update test cases and develop test scenarios based on the business requirements and technical specifications with focus on data driven test scenarios
- Assist with black-box testing, negative testing, customer scenario testing, regression testing and platform testing
- Proof read document to ensure correctiveness and follows standards
- Execute test cases to ensure business and technical requirements are met
- Develop and prioritize test coverage matrices to maximize testing efficiency
- Document test results and track defects to resolution in tracking system
- Work with development teams to investigate and fix software bugs/defects based on the test results
- Report test results to project management and other stakeholders as required
- Involve in backend database testing
- Prepare and generate test data for different test scenarios (positive and negative testing)
- Provide approvals for IT Change Management according to the requirements of relevant processes.
- More than 5 years experience in software systems test management including test systems design and execution based on Windows Platform
- Experience is a quality driven software environment such as TQM.
- Working experience with various test automation approaches and tools.
- A background in agile software development and life cycle management
- Working experience on Jira for problem tracking and reporting
- Working experience on Conluence for documentation
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid Understanding of Software Development Life cycle and specifically QA processes, Change management and test methodologies
- Full understanding and ability to manipulate data, files and SQL database tables
- Experience in Data driven testing
- Previous testing experience in Web services
- Experience in bug/defect tracking tools
- Ability to work on multiple projects in tandem when necessary
- Leadership and managerial skills preferred
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills required
- Good analytical troubleshooting skills
- Able to work effectively independently, taking initiative as required while coordinating with other team members, an Attitude for team work
- Experience with EMV (Europay MasterCard Visa) chip and payment card industry is preferred.
- Basic Knowledge of SAP an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and training skills required.
- Preferred skills include interpersonal and conflict resolution
- A university or college degree in Computer Science
- CSTE, ISTQB Exam certification an asset
- Programming certifications are nice to have
- May be required to sit for long periods of time at a PC/workstation
- Safety shoes must be worn in designated areas
- Smock must be worn in designated areas
- A multi-tasking, fast paced, highly dynamic, deadline driven environment
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke+Devrient Mobile Security Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Pay Type Salary
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada