Machine Operator I (Milling & Embedding)
The Machine Operator handles plant equipment and performs duties that the Leadhand assigns, in accordance with G&D procedures. He/She controls machines and processes, inspects equipment, structures or material, handles and moves objects, and evaluates data to ensure conformity to standards
- Run the Card Finishing machines with ease and be able to train others effectively
- Ensures machines are running smoothly and advises technician/lead of any issues encountered during processing
- Responsible for cleanliness and minor machine maintenance
- Responsible for materials inventory accuracy
- Responsible for accurate information on the production sheets and SAP
- Establish and maintain production procedures to maintain high standard of manufacturing operations, product quality, reliability, and safety
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Escalates or provides inputs for process improvement/analysis on the area they are designated
- Any other duties as assigned by the Lead Hand
- Comply with G&D Environmental, Health & Safety policies, procedures and report any Environmental, Health & Safety hazards, incidents and concerns to the immediate supervisor/manager. Management will ensure employees are provided with job specific Environmental, Health & Safety information, training and also ensure employees follow workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Experience and Educational Requirements
- At least 1 year of manufacturing experience
- Possess at least 1 year of Computer Numeric Control (CNC) experience (application and hands on)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and/or experience is an asset
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent keen eye for quality
- Good working habits.
- Capable of working in a diversified environment
- Capable of working on computer and pneumatic machineries
- Knowledge of Windows based applications
- High School Diploma
Capable of working a continental shift schedule - 12 hours shift, working 4 hours straight before breaks
Safety shoes and smock required on production floor
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (at least 8 hours if necessary)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination in order to minimize scrap
- Able to look at monitors for long periods of time
Able to physically bend and frequently lift items when required
*This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The candidate hired will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the supervisor. The company reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or valid work permit.
Please note: Reference Checks and Credit, Criminal Background Checks will be administered on suitably qualified candidates.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Giesecke & Devrient Systems Canada Inc., Markham, Ontario, Canada