Seasonal - Production Associate
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for operating the manufacturing equipment that supplies raw materials to the production line. In addition, the Production Associate will be accountable for basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently.
• Operates and monitors assigned lines, materials, and finished product as necessary to facilitate proper flow and machine operation.
• Coordinates the movement of product from the production lines to the skids.
• Examines product for quality and ensures all Food Safety Handling Procedures are followed.
• Records daily logs of packages bags and wasted packaging material.
• Inspects date codes for accuracy and legibility.
• Adopts a culture of cleanliness and safety in the work environment.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
• 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a production environment considered and asset.
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Comfortable working independently as well as in a team setting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to perform tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Syracuse, NY, USA