IT Security Analyst
Arctic Glacier is a leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality packaged ice products, primarily under the brand name Arctic Glacier ® Premium Ice. We are the largest producer of packaged ice in Canada and are one of the largest producers in the United States, serving over 75,000 retail, commercial and industrial customer locations. From our North American headquarters in New Jersey, we provide direction to facilities operating in six Canadian provinces and nineteen US states.
What We Value
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that Arctic Glacier Premium Ice is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
IT Security Analyst:
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure and Security, this position is responsible for ensuring the secure operation Arctic Glacier computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes monitoring servers and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, email filtering, anti-virus management, and troubleshooting. This position analyzes and resolves security breaches and vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate manner allowing Arctic Glacier to function unobstructed.
- Administers and monitors security controls such as antivirus, mail filtering, vulnerability scanning/remediation and log monitoring.
- Responds to and analyzes severity of malware alerts via endpoint controls, email inspection and log correlation.
- Manages and modifies anti-virus platforms to ensure maximum coverage and reliability.
- Works with appropriate technology groups, business operations and individuals to mitigate infections and reduce propagation.
- Collaborates with the Manager of IT Infrastructure and Security to develop requirements for implementing security solutions.
- Develops quality assurance programs to ensure controls perform as expected and routinely communicate findings.
- Handles employees' requests and questions received via phone, e-mail, or a ticketing system in a timely and detail-oriented fashion.
- Ensures that system configuration and operational documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Serves as initial point of contact for the security team on IT Security service ticket response, IT Security email, and Incidents requiring engagement from IT Security.
- Identifies and remedies endpoint, server, and network device vulnerabilities.
- Coordinates and assists with additional Information Security functions.
- Promotes continuous process improvement.
- Works with users and staff to enforce corporate information security policy and procedures by applying Arctic Glacier Standards in daily work.
- Maintains current knowledge of vulnerabilities, threats and technology risks.
Skills Requirements and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Professional designation or certification related to Information Security preferred.
- 6+ years of previous information security experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong familiarity with security issues surrounding network computing and some experience with security systems and controls.
- Strong working knowledge of end-point security tools and malware mitigation.
- Knowledge of network and host security assessment tools desirable.
- Experience with network vulnerability scanning tools and remediation desirable.
- Prior experience upholding security policy and/or standards desirable.
- Occasional travel nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- Knowledge of security requirements for networking, servers and/or Web operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of Meraki cloud architecture is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Arctic Glacier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Arctic does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Pay Type Salary
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada