Front Desk Agent - Canmore
Our hotels in Banff include the Moose Hotel & Suites, Fox Hotel & Suites, Banff Ptarmigan Inn, Banff Caribou Lodge, Banff Rocky Mountain Resort, Inns of Banff, Tunnel Mountain Resort, Hidden Ridge Resort, and Bumpers Inn. The Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge & Best Western Pocaterra Inn area located in Canmore.
Your application will be considered for available jobs at all of our Canmore locations.
Our front office teams ensure all guests receive an exceptional experience; before, during and after their stay. From preparing for and welcoming new arrivals, attending to diverse guest needs, right through to the processing of departures, front office team members have the opportunity to make our guests’ experience one they’ll never forget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer all in-coming phone calls in a professional manner to the standard set by Banff Lodging Company.
- Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests; Present statement(s) of charges to departing guests and receive payment(s).
- Monitor room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures.
- Perform general administrative/office duties.
- Ensure inter-departmental communication and cooperation in the interest of better guest satisfaction.
- Share general information on points of interest in the area and services in the community.
- Understand basic accounting principles including debit and credit transactions. Also understand the various transaction methods available to guests.
- Work as a team player in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary.
- Accurately communicate with other shifts regarding issues arising from day to day operations.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help meet guest needs.
Skills and Experience
- Self-motivator with outgoing personality, strong interpersonal communication and commitment to providing a high level of guest service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and numerical proficiency is an asset.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience in a customer focused role is an asset.
- A positive team player attitude and a strong willingness to learn.
- Previous Front Desk experience is an asset.
We're really glad that you are interested in this job and we look forward to reviewing your application. We appreciate all of the applications that we receive, and we will contact qualified candidates as soon as possible.
You can learn more about our great Employee Benefits & Perks and what it means to work with an Employee-Owned company here.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Canmore, AB, Canada