CARE helps women and girls in developing countries lift themselves and their families out of poverty and out of crisis.
We bring people together to end inequality. Not just for one person, but a whole community. Not just for now, but for a lifetime and across generations. We develop solutions with women and girls and their communities to tackle the big issues facing them like climate change, economic empowerment, food security and emergency relief in times of crisis or disaster.
Gift Processing Volunteer
Why do we need your help?
CARE Canada is looking for a volunteer who can provide administrative support to our gift processing & donor services team.
How can you help?
· Printing donor materials
· Stuffing envelopes
· Sorting mail returned to sender
· Basic data entry (in Excel)
What skills and experience do you need?
· Minimum education level of High School diploma
· Experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
· English mandatory, French an asset
How much time do we need?
We are looking for support for 2 hours, 1 day a week for one year beginning September 16, 2019.
What do we offer?
· Opportunity to increase your network at a major international humanitarian agency with
presence in over 94 countries.
· Gain hands-on professional experience in administration and gift processing; grow
your knowledge on how a leading non-profit organization operates and program
· Free access to CARE Academy courses. CARE Academy is a learning platform with courses available in but not limited to:
× Financial Management
× IT Basics
× IT for IT Professionals
× People Management
× Project Management
· You will receive a certificate of appreciation from your direct supervisor and the end of the term
· Great experience for your resume!
Orientation and Training
The Donor Experience Team Lead will provide on-the-job-training and orientation with the assistance of the HR team.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, September 16, 2019
- Job End Date Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Ottawa, ON, Canada