Donor Relations Officer - Humanitarian Coalition
Job Purpose: To support stewardship and engagement efforts with donors, partners and other stakeholders to mobilize the public and raise funds to advance the Humanitarian Coalition’s mission and the work of its members and affiliate agencies.
Reports to: Executive Director, with dotted line reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager.
About the Humanitarian Coalition
The Humanitarian Coalition is a growing network of 10 Canadian non-profit agencies* with decades of experience in international humanitarian assistance who undertake joint emergency appeals for large-scale crises and collaborate on smaller-scale emergencies as well. The Humanitarian Coalition and its members seek to provide donors with an easy way to give, educate and mobilize the Canadian public, and make a substantive contribution to reducing the suffering of those affected by humanitarian crises. To find out more, visit our website at: www.together.ca
* Member Agencies: Action Against Hunger, Canadian Foodgrains Bank, Canadian Lutheran World Relief, CARE Canada, Humanity & Inclusion, Islamic Relief Canada, Oxfam Canada, Oxfam-Québec, Plan International Canada and Save the Children Canada
The Donor Relations Officer will provide excellent customer service through phone, email, and mail, focusing on retaining and engaging donors and partners, accurately representing the Humanitarian Coalition’s brand, policies and global work (through our member and affiliate agencies), and ensuring that all stakeholders have an exceptional experience when they engage with the Humanitarian Coalition. The Donor Relations Officer supports the Humanitarian Coalition team with all outreach and mobilization initiatives during and outside appeals.
- To assist the Communications and Marketing Manager to meet annual revenue generation targets for fundraising, particularly for our Canadian Humanitarian Assistance Fund (CHAF).
- To support the Humanitarian Coalition team and member agencies in planning, carrying out and evaluating effective, efficient and creative appeals that mobilize and engage the Canadian public when major disasters occur.
- Liaise with vendors and other service providers, particularly for appeals
- Ongoing database management (Donor Perfect) and related platforms (SPI, Raisin) to ensure: accuracy of donor information and compliance with requests following relevant policies and guidelines; accurate processing and recording of gifts and receipts; donor retention and upgrading, particularly monthly donors; analysis and optimization of appeal segments, including testing and learning.
- Monitoring public email and phone inboxes, and answering requests or questions from donors, partners and other stakeholders
- To prepare and manage the budgets for identified activities
- To assist in recruiting and managing volunteers
- To support fundraising activities
- To support Board and committees as appropriate
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
What you offer
- One to three years of experience working in donor or client relations, database-driven marketing, or stakeholder relations.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual proficiency (English and French)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and Outlook
- Ability to juggle multiple demands and difficult conversations while maintaining composure
- Superior administrative skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills, a self-starter who also enjoys teamwork, and a creative problem-solver
- Familiarity with fundraising databases or other CRM systems
- Enthusiasm for learning and speaking about the Humanitarian Coalition’s work
What we offer
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialized training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Business casual office
- Onsite change room and shower facilities
The appointment will commence with a probation period of three months. The post-holder may be expected to travel in Canada and to work outside normal office hours on occasion. Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and is accompanied by full health insurance benefits. Contribution to a pension will be offered beginning in the second year of employment.
How to Apply
Submit application online, including CV and
Cover Letter, through the CARE Canada recruitment website by clicking apply now above.
Deadline for submissions: September 6, 2019
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
** We thank all applicants in advance.
However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted **
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada