Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
The Event Producer is responsible for planning, producing and executing B2C and B2B regional and national brand experiences, both large and small, including music festivals, Pride, strategic corporate events, conferences, business meetings, and more.
Canopy produces hundreds of events every year, and this role will be responsible for producing events in Toronto, across Ontario, and nationally. You’ll be the internal champion for producing unparalleled brand experiences that set Canopy and our brands apart from the competition. The ideal candidate has a go-getter personality, superior organizational skills, flexibility, ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Think that’s you? Read on!
- Event Experience Design - work cross-functionally with our internal Creative Leads, and external production vendors to deliver seamless event design concepts from coast-to-coast.
- Event Planning and Logistics - develop the logistics for individual events, including run of show planning, speaker and talent booking, scriptwriting, presenting content strategy and design, AV vendor management, etc.
- Event Production - provide onsite event management, technical show production, floor direction, stage management, etc.
- Post Reporting - complete post mortems of each event to ensure continuous improvement and optimizations, including debrief sessions, insights on ROI, the preparation of reports, and the close out all billing details.
- 3+ years producing B2C and B2B events, ideally from an agency background
- An unwavering entrepreneurial spirit - you possess a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability and take pride in your ability to underpromise and overdeliver, always
- Experience working cross-functionally, with the ability to build strong relationships quickly
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, often with over a dozen projects on the go at a time
- Current on the latest trends in the live events industry, including emerging technologies in multimedia, technical staging, video production, live talent and other aspects of show production
- Upbeat, friendly, and positive in even the most challenging of situations
- Flexibility – must be available to work flexible hours which may include evenings/and or weekends during event execution
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
This is a full time position based out of Toronto, ON.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note: the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.
- Toronto, ON, Canada