Video Journalist (Mrtm)-News Gathrng
We’re looking for a full-time Video journalist with Global New Brunswick, working in our Saint John bureau. You will work as part of a small team in NB, reporting to our editorial team in Halifax.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
· Initiate and develop story and feature ideas through contact development, research and interviews;
· Shoot, write, voice and edit news stories for broadcast and online;
· Post social media updates as story is being developed;
· Demonstrate strong editorial, visual and communications skills;
· Work effectively under pressure with ability to meet deadlines;
· Display highly developed production values and present yourself effectively live and on recordings;
· Other duties as required
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· College or university degree, preferably in journalism, radio/television broadcasting or equivalent;
· One (1) year television news reporting with extensive ENG and/or mobile journalism (smartphone shooting) experience;
· Strong news judgment and writing abilities;
· Proven track record in original story generation and gathering;
· Penchant for probative investigative reporting;
· Ability to work well under pressure, in a deadline-driven workplace, with minimal supervision;
· Excellent communication and organizational skills;
· Proficient with non-linear editing and ability to operate and maintain ENG camera and equipment;
· Ability to work well with others;
· Valid driver's license and a clear driving record;
· Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats;
· Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as show a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation;
· Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it's headed;
· The ability to write/produce web, text and manage content through social-media;
· Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family TO-Technical Operations
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Saint John, NB, Canada