Photo Journalist (Mtl)-News Gathering
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Editor at Global Montreal, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
• This position will be reporting on the Global News Morning Show, the hours will be from 5am-1pm
• Generate original and enterprise news stories that reflect the Global Montreal audience.
• Source community events and opportunities for original, enterprise and breaking news stories. • Produce engaging enterprise content for all news programs and platforms.
• Demand accountability from government, community and business leaders.
• Develop contacts within the community.
• Complete and file time sheets, expense reports and other reports as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maintain camera and editing equipment
• Safely operate and maintain company vehicle as required.
• Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
• Minimum 2 years experience as a photojournalist
• Demonstrated ability to "ask the tough questions”
• Bilingual in English and French
• Proficient in reporting, writing, editing and producing engaging content for broadcast, online and social media platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to shoot video and audio using broadcast video equipment
• Demonstrated understanding of the rules and concepts of video recording.
• Demonstrated ability to create, curate and develop content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
• Strong live on air presentation skills.
• Excellent reporting and writing skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must work well under pressure and have a positive can-do attitude.
• Ability to meet strict daily deadlines, and work cooperatively with others in a dynamic teamwork environment.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
• The ability to write/produce web, text and manage content through social-media;
• Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
·An ability to work independently
·A knack for thinking on your feet under pressure
·A positive can do attitude
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Montreal, QC, Canada