News Producer (Clg)-News Delivery
About the Role:
Global Calgary’s News Department is currently seeking a full-time News Producer (Group E) to join their team. The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts producing news content for Global Calgary’s market-leading news programs. Applicants should be aware that all shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, and weekends are possible. This position reports directly to the Supervisor, News Producer
· Write news content for a variety of live news programs
· Produce local news content from video gathered in the field along with affiliate, national and international content
· Assign and vet reporters as required
· Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
· Communicate breaking news and coordinate with local radio newsroom, resources desk, online, Edmonton and Lethbridge newsrooms
· Provide guidance and feedback to other news and technical staff involved in the production of a ‘live’ newscast
· Generate new ideas while leading a dynamic team
· Control room experience is required with preference given to candidates with five years or more
· Write, post and assign online content for breaking news in Calgary
· Perform other duties as required
This is a bargaining unit position of News Producer – Group E
What We Need From You:
· A post-secondary diploma, certificate or equivalent, in a broadcasting or related
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a news producer and demonstrated understanding
of innovative production techniques and technology
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PD-Production
- Job Function 02-Media/Communications Creative & Design
- Pay Type Salary
- Calgary, AB, Canada