The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Controller will be a leader and a critical member of the Finance and Accounting team. The Controller will oversee all aspects of accounting function including oversight of accounts receivable/payable, month end closing, financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, process improvement and internal controls.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with company standards and policies.
- Manage all aspects of accounting function including month end, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, customer credits, local taxation, expense reporting, petty cash, and audit.
- Identify, develop and implement business process changes that enhance financial reporting and month-end management reporting
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including, Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Interface with Group Head Office, outside audit firm, banks, liability insurance agent, credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Prepare the annual budget and semi-annual forecast in consultation with the various functional groups.
- Mentor and motivate the finance team towards achieving the goals of the department.
- Lead ERP implementation from finance perspective working in a cross functional team identifying requirements, gaps and opportunities within the next few years. This will include from initial project kick off to go live.
University degree specializing in accounting, finance, business or equivalent.
- CPA designation
- Experience with ERP implementation
- Minimum 3 years of Controller/Accounting Manager experience
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop and manage a high performance team focused on accountability and meeting and exceeding expectations
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and provide follow-up
- A strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SAP business objects an asset
Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the Dimplex team
- Above average analytical and technical skills
- Excellent decision making skills, including information gathering and problem solving
- Demonstrated focus on results and business/process improvements
- Proven ability to set and achieve objectives
- Customer focused mentality
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada