Distribution & Facilities Manager
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Manage General Warehouse Operations:
- Receiving: ensure timely receipt of inbound materials; accurately store materials received
- Picking and Staging: ensure daily processing of all orders and verify accuracy of orders for errors and incompleteness
- Packaging & Shipment: ensure packing of orders, processing and applying shipping labels, and loading packages onto a common carrier
- Returns and Damages: receive returned merchandise and ensure it is dispositioned appropriately
- Housekeeping: ensure warehouse organization, cleanliness, and housekeeping are maintained
- Inventory Control: perform cycle inventory counts and verify inventory stock
Manage Warehouse Staff:
- Manage and provide direction for warehouse Supervisors & staff in multiple warehouse locations (U.S. & Canada)
- Plan, assign, and direct work flow
- Motivate and encourage teamwork to ensure productivity
- Interview, hire and ensure proper training of new employees
- Measure and appraise performance
- Answer inquiries, address complaints and resolve problems
- Ensure safety & quality standards are maintained
Manage Quality Processes
- Work with other staff within the organization to maintain current QA standards
- Determine and establish new procedures and quality standards
- Assessing customer service level agreements and ensuring that these are met
- Implementing new procedures for each new process that is introduced
- Develop and implement processes for lot control, FIFO, and efficient product flow
- Working methodically to establish a clearly defined management system that all staff can apply
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation
Manage Distribution Processes and Procedures
- Establish Protocol: revise, manage and maintain Warehouse Operations Process and Procedures
- Train and manage warehouse personnel to the established processes
- Organization: map the warehouse to have proper bin location information and develop systems for handling overstock
- Work with Supply Chain team to perform space planning for seasonal inventory builds
- Ensure contracted 3PL partners are performing to established requirements and fulfilling customer service level agreements
- Lean Initiatives: define, develop, and implement cost savings into Warehouse Operations, including identifying redundancies, unnecessary overhead and improving processes to increase efficiency
- Warehouse Supplies Purchases: track stock of the supplies used as shipping material and other materials needed to run an efficient warehouse and purchase additional supplies as necessary and in the most economical manner.
- Data Integrity: research, resolve, and remedy incompletes and or errors
- Design, implement, and continuously improve WMS and/or TMS systems to improve overall efficiency of operations
- Exceptional management skills required.
- Minimum 5 years distribution or warehouse management experience required.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of inventory software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Prior experience developing and instituting lean principles in a distribution environment.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and planning skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada