Manager, Events Planning (1-year contract)
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Manager, Events Planning (1-year contract)
Reports To: VP – Sales and Partner Relations
Duration: 1-year contract
Purpose of Job
The Manager Event Planning will oversee event campaigns for Single Family, Commercial Lending, Deposit Services, Digital Banking and Corporate programs. He/she will be responsible for the delivery of quality project management and event logistics oversight, while being accountable on all related budget expenses impacting the events. This role generates broker loyalty as well as educational and brand awareness among our constituents which in turn drives origination preferences to Equitable Bank.
The incumbent will take the lead to execute all requests that come from the above noted departments which include events, sponsorships, merchandise requests, new product launches and education seminars across the country.
Responsible for developing fully integrated specified category events, by region, that drive broker demand and engage the broker community to remain loyal to EQB.
With up to 300 events to develop and produce each year, main activities include:
- In working with the Sales and Marketing teams, create and support all events to ensure strategic corporate plans, product launches, education programs, corporate social responsibility and loyalty programs are built successfully.
- Responsible for idea generation keeping in mind regional differences and preferences and utilizing staff on a national scale, to support the running of each event.
- Accountable for the overall annual budget of $5,000,000 on all marketing requests and costs for Single Family and Corporate programs. ( budget could vary each year)
- Supports the marketing collateral, gifting and programming for corporate and business unit sponsorships.
- Oversee the national events calendar.
- Takes the lead on managing all summer student hires, volunteers, and co-op students. He or she will delegate event management components amongst the marketing team as deemed necessary for the support to ensure the event for the business units are successful.
- Take on a leadership role with the Events Administrative Coordinator as a direct report.
- Handle all negotiations on event spaces, catering, implementation, vendor management, AV etc.
- Participate as a key player on the Social Corporate Responsibility Committee as it pertains to all company events
- Manage, monitor and assist in the implementation of all events that are part of an integrated marketing plan.
- Manage events, from start to finish, ensuring a memorable experience for the brokers, agents and employees including post event follow-up.
- Attends large events to ensure their success by liaising with venue personnel, vendors and suppliers to resolve issues that arise.
- Partner and work with staff, participants, venue, vendors, and suppliers before and after the event.
- 5-10 years of experience in event planning for corporate events
- A degree/diploma in Special Events planning would be an asset
- Must have Event Marketing experience.
- Experience within a financial institution or the mortgage industry would be a definite asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with execution and assessment of plan, tactics and programming.
- Ability to understand and work within the means of a tight budget
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional communication, diplomacy and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and be adaptable to change where flexibility is required with the attitude of completing the event using available resources.
- Have the ability to make presentations to clients, senior management and all stakeholders when requested.
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada