Dev Ops Engineer (Contract)
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Dev-Ops Engineer
Department: Digital Banking & Channel Technology
Reports To: Manager Dev-Ops and Release Management
Duration: 6 months
Purpose of Job
EQBank’s IT team is starting to evolve and needs a talented DevOps Engineer with a solid passion in this space. Experienced and knowledgeable about the end to end software build chain, operations and automated build and release process.
- Design, improve and implement build and release pipelines
- Set up Software Configuration Management, Release Management and Version control Plan
- Reproducible automated build, release, developer test and unit test environments
- Continuously improve performance and proactively identify and resolve bottlenecks that will reduce time to build and deliver our software
- Maintain high availability Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure
- Engage and help in DevOps capacity planning, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Review and provide feedback on product functional specifications, design specifications
- Participate in periodic software and design reviews
- Collaborate with Development teams on generation, execution and management of unit test
- Perform formal Code Review, static and security analysis, design and implement Unit Tests and perform code coverage analysis
- Provide detailed estimates using well-structured techniques for performing tasks
- Develop and execute manual and automated test procedures, test cases, and adopt existing tests to new products
- Set up automated regression test server using continuous integration
- Experience with Continuous Integration orchestration (Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience in cloud deployment to Azure, AWS or GCP
- Experience with platform as a service using Pivotal CF or IBM Bluemix
- Practical usage of various source control systems (Git, SVN)
- Understanding of Repository management applications (BitBucket, GitHub)
- Expertise in Docker
- Must be comfortable with automation, and familiar with the end to end build and deployment processes
- Building effective release processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the field of Computer Science, Systems or Engineering
- 5 or more years of similar professional experience
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada