Motion Graphics Designer (Contract)
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Motion Graphics Designer
Reports To: Creative Manager
Duration: 6 months (possible extension)
Equitable Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Motion Graphics Designer to join our in house marketing team, based in Toronto. You will be a vital part of this creative team as you will be helping to develop the company’s moving image requirements. Projects will range from motion graphics and animations through to video edits, social content, external events, product/ web user interactions and various other internal and external animation requirements.
In this role will report directly to the Creative Manager, you will be required to brainstorm, sketch, verbalise and bring to life, your ideas and motion work. You will proactively drive creative delivery on your projects and across the studio, aiding in the overall creative output across moving image.
A key part of this role will also be to advise on all film-related tasks and collaborate with the design team to concept, storyboard, edit and create engaging and compelling work for original video content.
- Work confidently independently as well as part of a creative team.
- Be a self-motivated, highly organized creative individual with good attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Have the ability to take a brief from concept to completion with a focus on planning, implementation, and accountability for delivery of project.
- Have an excellent understanding of imagery, composition, and timing, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and collaborate across all areas of motion graphic design. Create and deliver project deliverables to the highest standard under tight deadlines.
- Have excellent research skills, awareness of current design trends and a willingness to explore different design solutions.
- Be enthusiastic, personable and get hands on. Not just see this as another job, but an opportunity to have your say and develop a career in an exciting creative environment.
Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Motion Graphics, Design, Marketing or related experience.
- You should already have 5+ years in a creative studio showcasing your well-executed work.
- An understanding of the financial space is a plus.
- You must be proficient in After Effects, Premiere, Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of Cinema 4d and 3rd party rendering software would be beneficial.
- Expert in creating creative concepts and generating campaign level ideas.
- A strong understanding of best practices email and web.
- Confidence working under pressure.
- Your showreel will impress from the start, show a wide selection of skills and also showcase your sense of timing and pace.
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada