Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Treasury Analyst
Reports To: Director, Liquidity
The incumbent is responsible for cash management, and measurement and reporting of Liquidity Risk for the Treasury group.
1. 40% Measurement of Liquidity Risk
Weekly and monthly measurement of Liquidity risk position. These activities support the integrity of the liquidity and funding management process.
- Prepare all model input data for Liquidity Risk reporting. Ensure accuracy of inputs and assumptions used in assessing Liquidity exposures.
- Produce weekly and monthly liquidity risk reports for management and for regulatory purposes.
- Build checks and analysis to validate inputs and results.
- Perform attribution analysis and identify key period over period changes.
- Assist in preparing funding plan and funding targets.
- 40% Daily Cash Management Activities
Daily cash activities ensure availability of cash as per requirements and is critical to the prudent management of liquidity at the Bank.
- Manage cash management activities of the Bank by updating and reconciling the cashflow model on a daily basis.
- Ensure all actual and forecasted inflows and outflows are timely updated through the Bank’s Treasury Analytics system.
- Coordinate requirements and deposit activities with respective business units in order to effectively manage both bank balances and liquid assets.
- Transfer cash between Bank accounts to ensure availability as per requirements and optimum return.
- Use cashflow and liquidity model to forecast cash needs and coordinate with deposit services team, portfolio management and capital market teams accordingly.
- 20% Regulatory Filings
Ensure timely and accurate regulatory filing of liquidity data and reports.
- Ensure all regulatory reports are completed and provided to the regulator on a timely basis.
- Manage SQL connections to regulatory templates to ensure accurate data is captured.
- Ensure all regulatory assumptions (e.g. runoff factors) are correctly reflected in regulatory models.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Mathematics. Broad understanding of finance and treasury concepts is necessary (i.e. bonds, equities, derivatives and accounting concepts). Knowledge of capital markets, hedging and accounting would be beneficial.
- Enrolment into CFA or FRM program is beneficial
- Minimum 2-years of work experience working in a Treasury or risk environment at a financial institution
- Advanced SQL and VBA knowledge is necessary
- Strong attention to detail a requirement. Must have strong time management skills, an analytical aptitude, and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada