QA Automation Analyst
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: QA Automation Analyst
Department: Digital Banking & Channel Technology
Reports To: Director, Development
Purpose of Job
The QA Analyst is a key member of the team responsible for supporting the planning, design and execution of all software testing activities within Equitable Bank. The QA Analyst will work collaboratively within the IT department and other business units to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested and released with the highest quality possible. The QA Analyst will support analyze project artifacts to identify test requirements, design and execute test scripts and participate in the defect process from reporting to monitoring to resolution. Testing will include system functional testing, conversion, integration and performance testing. The QA Analyst will also support user acceptance testing.
- Review business requirements with the product owner and end users and clarify any ambiguity ensuring testing conditions are understood
- Define test methods, create test plans to support and perform various types of testing such as white-box, black-box testing, negative testing, customer scenario testing, stress testing, performance testing, scalability testing, regression testing and platform testing
- Develop automated tests using Selenium Webdriver, QTP, TestComplete, SoupUI or Postman to achieve maximum code coverage
- Develop and execute test cases within the agreed upon timelines ensuring the application is performing as expected
- Assess and escalate critical & high impact quality issues to the QA manager or Project Lead
- Review test deliverables, manage defects and document test results
- Participate in defect review meetings and provide analysis as required
- Assist in the validation of newly created testing environments in coordination with vendors and IT
- Troubleshoot and review logs/queues as required to analyze potential defects
- Assist QA Manager or Team Lead in creating status and progress reports and testing metrics as required
- Support user acceptance testing phase
- Follow prescribed change control procedures, making sure all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and/or equivalent degree or business related experience
- Must have a solid understanding or experience with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience writing SQL statements and database testing skills
- 5+ years’ experience with test plan preparation and test case execution preferably in the financial industry
- Good understanding of SDLC and of Agile/Scrum software development process
- Ability to analyze and understand issues of a technical nature
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologizes
- Ability to interact effectively within a cross functional team
Additional Nice to Have Skills:
- Strong skills in using JIRA + Confluence + Zephyr
- Previous experience working with Lending Origination and Core Banking Systems such as PortfolioPlus, Cyberquery or T24
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada