Training and Documentation Specialist
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Training and Documentation Specialist
Department: Mortgage Services
Reports To: Training Manager
Purpose of Job
The purpose of the Training and Documentation Specialist is to support the Mortgage Services operation by analyzing, developing, and writing policy manuals and procedures for the various teams within Mortgage Services. The Training and Documentation Specialist is also accountable for ongoing training, documentation and maintenance of the Mortgage Services training materials and online procedures.
- Plan, develop, write and edit operational procedures and policy manuals used by the various teams within Mortgage Services
- Work closely with Managers to document “how to” procedures for functions handled within each team and ensure procedures are documented using online portal. Procedures must be kept up to reflect any changes as a result of business process review, new product launch, legislative changes, etc.
- Maintenance and version control of the Mortgage Services Policy manuals. The policy manuals must be accurate and kept up to date as a high-level direct correlation with the detailed procedures
- Liaise with Management and Mortgage Services teams to maintain a strong understanding of existing products and procedures
- Deliver training via various methods such as instructor-led training, videos, courses and exercises
- Facilitation of structured training programs for both new and existing staff members
- Post training evaluation to determine effectiveness of training and adjust the delivery method/materials as required.
- Ensure training materials are kept up to date. Training materials must be kept up to date to reflect any changes as a result of business process review, system upgrades, new product launch, legislative changes, etc.
- Create communications to inform staff of updates to policies, procedures, technology, upcoming training events, and any new initiatives affecting Mortgage Services
- 3 years of experience in a mortgage related role
- 3 years of experience writing procedural documentation and policy manuals
- 3 years of experience in facilitating training to adult learners
- University/College Degree in finance, business or related field
- Certificate in Technical Writing (preferred) or Adult Training and Development is a definite asset
- Technical writing skills are required
- Knowledge of commercial and residential lending products, related terminology and provincial and federal legislations
- Solid knowledge of various software packages, including, MS Excel, Word, Power Point and web-based applications
- Strong organizational, time management, facilitation and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge in SharePoint, SIT, and course authoring tools are definite assets
- Knowledge in editing tools including video editing are definite assets
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada