Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management Office
Reports To: Project Management Office
Purpose of Job:
The PM is responsible to initiate, plan, execute, and close projects in adherence with corporate and departmental policies including Enterprise Change Management as well as Project Management methodology.
The PM is responsible for meeting project objectives and oversees quality control throughout the project life cycle. This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of material change projects and administrative changes most of which will include business critical functions.
Responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, controls and completion of assigned projects:
- Simultaneously manage multiple material projects of moderate to high risk and complexity throughout the full project life cycle
- Manage the planning and implementation of projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures and methodologies
- Assemble, manage and provide guidance to project teams which may include a cross-function of multiple internal departments and 3rd party vendors within the context of project deliverables
- Manage project resource allocation and utilization
- Support PMO resource forecasting as required
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedule project timelines, track deliverables, define tasks and resource requirements
- Identify and manage dependencies within a project as well as between projects
- Track, manage and escalate project issues and risks to resolution
- Regularly monitor and report on progress of the project
- Ensure project artifacts & control documents are completed & filed according to PMO standards
- Facilitate meetings and document meeting minutes and action items
- Participate in and manage the documentation of requirements
- Work with internal clients to define and ensure appropriate testing is executed
- Complete project evaluations and assessment of results as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree), preferably in computer science, business, finance, or comparable work experience
- Must have experience working as a Project Manager professional for 5+ years
- Additional experience as Project Co-ordinator, Project Control Officer, Senior Business Analyst an asset.
- A strong balance of Business/Product/Application Development Project Management experience would be an asset
- High degree of proficiency and experience in Project Management concepts with experience utilizing Waterfall, Iterative, Incremental and Agile methodologies as required to best align deliverables
- PMP & Agile certifications highly
- Certification as a Scrum Master is a major asset
- Experience in core banking platforms is preferred
- Proven vendor management competence / experience
- Proven ability to understand the content being managed as well as technical systems documentation
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing or supporting multiple projects/initiatives with different priority levels simultaneously
- Solid knowledge of technology infrastructure, Cloud infrastructure, networking, Enterprise Data Warehousing and ETL, Data Centres and related concepts/terminology
- Understanding of end-to-end data / system flows from Front Office to Back Office systems
- Highly motivated individual capable of owning and leading assignments with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimum oversight
- Strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly explain technical information to non-technical audiences
- Good working knowledge of testing strategy development, planning, defect reporting and test case design
- High degree of proficiency with Atlassian product suite, especially Jira and Confluence, would be an asset
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada