Senior Product Designer, Digital Banking
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Senior Product Designer, Digital Banking
Department: Digital Banking
Reports To: Director Channel Management, Digital Banking
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Director Channel Management, Digital Banking and working alongside the Product Management team and IT, the Senior Product Designer will user their extensive experience and knowledge while applying user centered design practices to develop best in class Digital Banking experiences.
- Provide design leadership and vision for the EQ Bank secure banking customer experience
- Accountable for the overall design process for all customer facing projects across desktop and mobile from research to implementation
- Create userflows, storyboards wireframes, prototypes
- Own, maintain the Digital Banking Design System for Desktop and Mobile ensuring consistency in customer experience while adapting to emerging best practices and customer feedback
- Working with key stakeholders within Digital Banking, Client Experience and Marketing, you’ll establish and maintain a user centered design practice ensuring the customer remains at the centre of everything we do
- You’ll lead user research, understanding which type of research is appropriate for the various stages of the projects
- Lead brainstorming and ideation sessions to generate ideas and concepts
- Communicating conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale
- Minimum 5-8 years of professional experience in a related field with a focus on designing consumer facing applications for both desktop and mobile
- In depth understanding of UCD practices such as user research, sketching, wireframing, prototyping, and user testing
- Experience producing materials such as user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups
- Experience creating design systems and style guides
- Expert knowledge of current design tools (e.g., Sketch/Figma, Invision, Zeplin)
- An excellent communicator and collaborator who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- An exceptional eye for detail and focus on quality
- In depth understanding of Web Accessibility requirements
- Experience working across a project life cycle, using lean/agile practices
- An understanding of HTML/CSS/JS
- Degree in marketing, communications, advertising, visual design and/or human-centered design, or related field
- You have an online portfolio that you can share with us
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada