Site Reliability Engineer
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Department: IT - Infrastructure and Operations
Reports To: Manager, Cloud Platforms (Pivotal)
The Cloud Platform Team at EQ Bank is an emerging agile team comprised of engineers, infrastructure specialists, and innovators all working together to help the bank respond to market changes and deliver software faster. We are working daily to enhance the developer experience and are looking to leverage the best technologies on the market to do so. We are looking for individuals who can help shape the future of development, not just in our bank, but in the FINTECH industry as a whole.
Purpose of Job
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for continuously identifying and enhancing our Cloud Ecosystem with the goal creating an easy to use, easy to operate, and highly available environment. We are looking for a technology innovator who will be able to propose new ideas, create P.O.C’s and operationalize them once successful. Furthermore, this role will be working with Development teams to help guide them through their cloud journey.
You are either a sysadmin with demonstrable interest in using software engineering to solve operational problems; or a software engineer with real interest, and ideally some experience, in Linux systems, networking, monitoring and automation.
- Develop & implement solutions for a cutting-edge cloud-native deployment ecosystem
- Automate everything: you will design highly scalable and automated solutions for a wide range of applications, services, and products.
- Be a thought leader and provide innovative solutions for challenging technical problems.
- Create educational material for fellow engineers & development teams, like sample cloud native apps and starter code
- Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform deployments.
- Provide expertise for operational management of our cloud ecosystem including: monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, and storage.
- Triaging for the Cloud Ecosystem and guidance for the application teams making use of it.
- Ensure availability of Primary and Secondary sites and take it as a personal mission to see as many consecutive 9’s as possible.
- Continuously learn new technical skills and practice by applying them in your day-to-day work
- Help guide development teams, Ops teams, and business teams to adapt to new Cloud Native architecture principles.
- Security best practices for cloud architecture, applications, and procedures
- Proficient with public cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Superior understanding of containerization with some experience with Docker
- Outgoing innovator with a passion for investigating new technologies and suggesting technology and/or process improvements
- In-depth knowledge of containers and orchestration tools; container management an asset
- Proven experience with IaC practice (infrastructure as code)
- Proficient scripting abilities (PowerShell, etc.)
- Expertise with automation tooling (Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Working knowledge of mainstream version control systems, such as Git
- In depth understanding of CI/CD principles, including deployment pipelines and 0-downtime deployment techniques
- Expertise of cloud of architecture and design patterns
- Working experience in a major programming language, such as Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Experience with Spring Framework or comparable frameworks/ Libraries such as Springboot, Spring MVC etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment
- Experience with PaaS; such as PCF, Openshift, PKS
- Knowledge of logging, metrics, and tracing solutions such as Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus, Zipkin
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada