Commercial Mortgage Coordinator - CMHC
Job Title: Commercial Mortgage Co-ordinator - CMHC
Department: Credit & Risk Management
Reports To: Senior Manager, Commercial Credit
Purpose of Job
The Commercial Mortgage Co-ordinator is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of a variety of commercial mortgage pipelines and reports which are designed to track loan originations, loan securitization pools and loan maturities. Duties include preparing daily, weekly and monthly management reports, contacting Lending Partners to follow up on and administering renewals and loan extensions on SIT. Additional duties include loan set-up in SIT, renewal and extension processing in SIT, and special projects required by senior management. These duties will involve liaising with Lending Partners as well as staff within the Credit & Risk Management group and other internal departments.
- 35% on a daily basis the incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the currency of all departmental pipeline reports. The incumbent will be responsible for the preparation of specific departmental pipeline reports that will be relied upon by Management. This entails regular communication and follow-up with Lending Partners and various internal colleagues to ensure that timely status updates on securitization pools and loan maturities are recorded.
- 20% on a daily basis, the incumbent is responsible for processing loan maturities, extensions and renewals as well on SIT on a timely basis to meet the requirements of securitization and origination timelines. The incumbent will ensure that all conditions precedent to renewal are met which entails follow-up with Lending Partners to ensure that all required documentation is received, and that all renewing mortgages meet EQB’s AML guidelines and standards.
- 15% on a daily basis the incumbent is responsible for prompt set-up of new loans on SIT as well as data management and the processing of CAFS for all approved loans.
- 10% on an ongoing basis the incumbent is responsible for review and recommendation for updates and enhancements to all pipelines and other reporting tools. This includes designing and formatting Cyberquery and Excel-based reports.
- 10% on a daily basis the incumbent will assist other members of the underwriting team with input and set-up of new credit risk analyses.
- 10% - on a daily basis, the incumbent is responsible for time management of their work flow in order to meet prescribed deadlines.
- Post-secondary education, and/or equivalent working experience, preferably in business or finance, is required
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in financial services
- Experience in management reporting is considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, , Outlook, Power Point)
- Extensive working knowledge of Excel and Cyberquery. Proficiency with Excel macros is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada