Senior Manager, Specialized Finance
Title: Senior Manager, Specialized Finance
Department: Credit & Risk Management
Reports To: Director, Commercial Credit
Purpose of Job:
Equitable Bank’s Specialized Finance Group was created to help diversify the Bank’s traditional commercial lending product offering. The Group is focused on expanding the Bank’s specialty finance lending capabilities, comprised of non-real estate secured opportunities in both the “lend-to-lender” and Direct spaces.
The Senior Manager, Specialized Finance will be a subject matter expert and will assist in the development, growth and overall management of the Bank’s Specialized Finance portfolio. Key responsibilities will include: i) Assisting the Director, Specialized Finance with the analysis and presentation of new lending opportunities, ii) Completing due diligence and obtaining approvals on said opportunities, iii) Collaborating with colleagues in Commercial, Legal, and Finance to ensure a smooth funding process, iv) Managing the file through to maturity, and v) Managing, coaching and mentoring the Senior Analyst, Specialized Finance. Work product will need to be completed efficiently and effectively and must adhere to established compliance and control requirements all while achieving optimum service for our clients. The Senior Manager will also be required to develop requisite policies and procedures around new business underwriting guidelines and ongoing portfolio management including, but not limited to, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements, in order to effectively manage exposure and prudently monitor risk associated with new and existing investments.
- 40% on a daily basis, the incumbent will develop and implement control mechanisms and ultimately monitor a growing portfolio of specialized commercial lending products. Responsibilities will include oversight of exposure and delinquency thresholds and completion of facility amendments. Attention must be paid to the creation of standardized reporting documents for review by senior management which prudently monitor credit risk and ongoing reporting covenants and triggers.
- 30% on a daily basis, the incumbent will analyze and underwrite credit facilities ranging in size from $15.0 million up to $75.0 million. Attention must be made to ensure that compliance with the company’s established lending guidelines and procedures are followed with recommendations submitted for approval to management. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all lending criteria have been satisfied on transactions underwritten and outstanding documentation/conditions, if any, are being met in a timely manner.
- 20% on a daily basis, the incumbent will team with Director, Specialized Finance as well as colleagues in Corporate Development to develop new relationships and referral sources with the aim of identifying new and profitable lending opportunities.
- 10% on a daily basis, the incumbent will communicate with internal contacts (management, underwriters, administrators, and commercial funders) and external contacts (lending partners, brokers and clients) to ensure transactions are processed in a timely and efficient manner in order to deliver superior customer service.
Post-secondary education (diploma/degree) in business or finance. MBA/CFA preferred
Have a minimum of 5 years of progressively senior experience in commercial lending. Experience in both real estate and non-real estate secured lending is considered an asset.
Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to Senior Management and Partners in a clear, concise and professional manner
Sound technical knowledge of commercial lending, financial statement analysis and factors affecting the Canadian commercial lending environment
Working knowledge of AML/ATF regulations and Corporate/Legal documentation for commercial real estate in multiple jurisdictions across Canada
Proven ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and to perform well in a high volume, high intensity environment
Effective analytical and problem solving skills
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
Proficient in MS Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada