Lead Software Developer
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: Lead Software Developer
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Development
Purpose of the Job
The Lead Software Developer will be a part of Equitable Bank’s strategic, digital initiatives. Primary responsibilities include designing, developing and supporting RESTful/SOAP APIs and ETLs solutions for web and mobile online channels. The incumbent will also provide technical guidance, mentorship and knowledge sharing with other software developers.
The Lead Software Developer will be responsible for:
- Asses and clarify user experience and requirements (10%)
- Support experience design, functional requirements, and digital product definition by providing technical solutions
- Analyze and provide feedback to evolve creative designs and functional requirements to define a customer centric solution
- Contribute to technical / non-functional requirements
- Define an integrated, RESTful/SOAP API or ETL solution design with support from front-end and back-end system teams
- Create design artifacts using RAML and JSON Schema standards
- Develop and support Interoperability APIs and MicroService applications
- Plan and estimate development tasks
- Participate in daily delivery SCRUMs to ensure Sprint delivery progression and resolution of issues
- Conduct unit testing on developed code, with automated testing where relevant
- Develop and maintain comprehensive architecture designs and technical documentation
- Participate in group and peer code review session
- Actively involved during QA triage to recommend and provide fixes
- Assist incident management teams by troubleshooting and resolving production incidents
- Mentor and train other developers
- Provide technical expertise to make code design and implementation decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Solid knowledge (7+ years) in J2EE/JEE software delivery or software development including multiple frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring MVC, Spring Security, SAML, OAuth, OIC .
- 2+ years hands-on experience building RESTful/SOAP API solutions
- Proven experience in API management tools, like MuleSoft API Manager (preferably) or Apigee Edge
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Experience with SQL Server database, SQL and T-SQL
- Previous working experience with Mule ESB or MuleSoft Anypoint Platform is a definitive plus
- Experience with bug tracking and collaboration software: Jira, Confluence or similar
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks and tools (Junit, MUnit or TestNG) and source control software (CVS, SVN, Git or similar)
- Experience working in financial industry and knowledge of banking products is a definite asset
- Self-starter who can take a concept and drive it through to the design and implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada