Technology Delivery Lead
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: Technology Delivery Lead
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director, Development
Purpose of the Job
Equitable has transformed to a hybrid-agile delivery methodology with cross-functional Pods dedicated to launching new products, features, and ongoing business value for portfolios. The Technology Delivery Lead is an exciting new role at Equitable, which is accountable to lead and manage Pod delivery. We like to think of this role as a mash-up of a SCRUM Master, who supports a team to deliver, with the accountabilities of a Technology Application Owner, who defines how the team will build the solution. Our vision is that the Delivery Lead and their Pod should be empowered and autonomous to drive production changes, with broader support from shared services teams such as Dev Ops & Release Management, Agile Coaches, Infrastructure/Connectivity, and Security Ops.
Delivery Leads will be partnered with a Product Owner and Project Manager to drive the team to complete Discovery & Planning (initiation, scoping and planning), design & build Sprints, solution testing/hardening, Releases to production, and ongoing build-measure-learn releases. As the lead technologist for the Pod, the Delivery Lead will work with the team to set the approach for how the team will deliver, including tailoring the Bank’s methodology and artefacts. The Delivery lead will establish the work & task breakdown for the Technology team(s), facilitate point-based estimation, manage the backlog, release plan, sprint plan, and conduct Agile ceremonies. The Delivery Lead will work with the core leads to provide status updates based on delivery progress, velocity/trends, quality, RAID and impediments.
The incumbent will ensure that the solution being delivered is cohesive and meets intended business value across the collaborative team of BAs, Developers, QA / Automated QA and external Technology partners as required. In addition to project delivery, the Delivery Lead and Pod team will also manage, plan and deliver backlog enhancements and fixes as ongoing releases for the aligned business portfolio.
Based on experience and portfolio needs, Delivery Leads may also include people management responsibilities (Manager, Delivery Lead). Managers will be required to functionally manage their Pod resources and also hire, coach, and develop their direct reports.
- Plan and Manage the technology delivery of one or more projects/ new products
- Partner with Project Managers and Product Owners to lead the Pod team to identify scope, user experiences and prioritize delivery via MVP/Release plan. Tailor delivery approach as required.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies, including story-point estimation, story elaboration, sprint grooming, task assignment & management to completion, retrospectives, etc.
- Coordinate with shared service teams, such as Dev Ops, Infrastructure, Sec Ops, and AMS to release changes to production
- Collaborate with Technology Directors to establish the high-level architecture and components of the solution
- Measure build progress, velocities, trends and quality to provide delivery status updates
- Identify and resolve impediments / RAID across Technology teams
- Drive continuous improvements within the Pod delivery and support overarching improvements towards the technology delivery methodology, tools and processes
- Delivery Leads who also have people management accountability will recruit, train, coach, and manage the performance and career of their staff
- Minimum of 7+ years in technology delivery roles such as SCRUM Manager, Application Owner/Manager, Project Manager, Agile Coach, and Consulting (Integration and/or Delivery) roles
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical degree or equivalent experience is required
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services, with deep domain knowledge in Lending and/or Online Retail Banking
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Hands-on problem solving skills to remove technical impediments and manage closure of RAID
- Ability to organize and coordinate senior resources with cross-functional skillsets as a holistic group with close collaboration and cooperation
- Experience working in a highly collaborative and customer-centric environment
Additional desirable skills include:
- Experience or familiarity with Open APIs, Technical Product Management, MicroService / Enterprise Service Bus architecture, cloud IaaS / PaaS, and mobile platforms
- Expertise with Confluence and JIRA
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada