Residential Mortgage Funder (Bilingual)
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Bilingual Residential Mortgage Funder
Department: Single Family Residential Mortgage Department
Reports To: Manager, Residential Funding
Purpose of Job
The Residential Mortgage Funder is responsible for reviewing legal documents and taking loans through to funding. This includes following up for outstanding documents, advising the Closing Service Provider of any amendments or changes required to complete the file and preparing mortgage advance cheques.
- On a daily basis, the incumbent will review legal documents in a timely and accurate manner. The incumbent must ensure that documents coincide with the underwriting documentation and the deals fund as per the approval. In addition, the incumbent will conduct a light audit of each deal to ensure policy and guidelines are met. If a gap or inaccuracy (i.e. ratios out of line) is identified, the incumbent will be required to work with the Single Family Residential – Credit department to seek clarification and request additional information/documentation as required.
- On a daily basis, the incumbent will complete all Funding activates (i.e. cut cheques) and all supporting steps (i.e. set up property tax accounts), including tasks unique to different deal types (i.e. Conventional and Collateral mortgages) in a timely manner (35%).
- On a daily basis the incumbent will work directly with EQB’s Closing Servicer Provider. Through efficiency, the incumbent will be responsible for time management of their individual as well as overall team deal flow on order to meet prescribed deadlines all while maintaining positive attitude and strong working relationships. As part of the funding lifecycle, the incumbent will communicate changes, status updates and unique details to the Closing Servicer provider using their portal (35%).
- AML, Compliance and KYC are important in every financial organization. Therefore, the incumbent, on a daily basis, will ensure every deal, as well as their actions adhere to all applicable guidelines. In addition, the incumbent is required to meet a 100% Quality Assurance and Compliance metrics each month (20%).
- On a daily basis, the incumbent will liaise with a variety of internal departments (i.e. Compliance, Mortgage Servicing) to address any unique ad-hoc issues that may arise. In addition, when required, the incumbent will complete memos with supporting details for other departments (i.e. Accounting) to leverage for their tasks. In addition, frequent communication with the Single Family Residential - Credit department will be required in order to address credit related issues in a timely manner. Providing status updates (i.e. closing date changes) are also a key communication item in which the incumbent will be responsible for to ensure all parties with a vested interest in the deal are aware of where deals stands (10%).
- Minimum of 1- 2 years’ mortgage experience, exposure to Prime and Alternative a benefit
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with AML and Compliance practice
Strong written and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Word)
- Logical thinker with ability to multi-task
- Post-secondary education (diploma)
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada