Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $25 billion in assets under management. Most recently, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 600 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Residential Funding Administrator
Department: Single Family Residential Mortgage Department
Reports To: Manager, Residential Funding
Purpose of Job
The Residential Funding Administrator is responsible for file instructing and risk rating of files. The Funding Administrator also provides administrative support to the Funding Department. This includes assisting in funding-related activities, advising our closing service provider of any amendments or changes required to instruct the file and various tasks set out.
- On a daily basis the incumbent will work closely with EQB’s closing service provider to support the solicitor’s instructions process to ensure the instructions are accurate and are sent to the solicitor in a timely manner. As part of supporting the Instruction process, the incumbent will be responsible for performing minor documentation audits to ensure data integrity with the strength to act accordingly if/when an issue is identified. In addition, the incumbent is required to recognize different types of files (i.e. HELOC) in order to perform additional steps that may be necessary (55%).
- On a daily basis the incumbent will accurately prepare the risk rating sheet for loans funded. The incumbent will ensure the correct risk rating number is input into SIT in a timely manner (30%).
- The incumbent must communicate with Mortgage Officers and Mortgage Funders on a daily basis to ensure deals are instructed efficiently and as scheduled (10%).
- The incumbent will assist team members with other funding and post-funding related activities and other duties as assigned (5%).
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Sound thinker with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to assist co-workers
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada