CX Lead (Customer Experience Insights & Strategy)
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: CX Lead (Customer Experience Insights & Strategy)
Department: Corporate Development, Customer Experience
Reports To: Senior Director, Customer Experience
Purpose of the Job
The CX Insights & Strategy Lead will be responsible for supporting the Senior Director, Customer Experience by leading a variety of strategic, customer-centric projects, including new opportunity identification and evaluation, customer research, concept testing, data analysis and product development support. These projects usually involve cross-functional teams and contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the company, and support senior executive and Board-level decision making. The incumbent will use their analytical and creative abilities, as well as a customer-centric mindset, to provide CX strategy recommendations rooted in both qualitative and quantitative analysis to Senior Management. In addition, the CX Lead will be responsible for communicating findings and managing follow-up related efforts.
- Business analysis and problem solving (40%)
- Serve as the internal expert on new product opportunities and drive the development of business cases for new opportunities
- Perform customer research to understand unmet needs and design high-level product offering based on feedback; manage vendor outreach and initial conversations to understand development options
- Conduct analysis to fully understand financial implications, risk, operations, and capital treatment of new product launches
- Responsible to draft high level business requirement documents and discussion materials for senior management
- Coordinate between PMO, business units, and IT.
- Fact gathering and research (40%)
- Conduct market research and represent the Voice of the Customer within the organization by providing a 360 view of the customer, linking primary research with behavioural data; use research and insights to support business unit and enterprise strategy (e.g., competitive position, product assessments, market sizing, etc.)
- Design, manage, analyze and communicate research studies that provide the Voice of the Customer and support decision making for the business; Be the internal expert on market research tools and methodologies (e.g., quantitative tools, such as Checkbox; qualitative tools, such as Usertesting.com)
- Create and maintain customer journey maps to identify customer pain points or experience gaps
- Scan various sources (e.g., news releases, journals, industry publications, blogs etc.) to identify, track and monitor consumer, market, competitive and regulatory trends
- Perform interviews with internal and external parties to gather information and develop insights
- Stay current on recent events and share findings to related EQB parties as necessary – perform additional research and projections (when necessary) to determine how market events may affect EQB
- Other responsibilities (20%)
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration by structuring topics, preparing meeting materials and facilitating discussions with senior leaders of the business
- Support Product in the creation of certain product management artefacts (e.g. business requirements for reporting and metrics, usability testing support)
- Support Marketing in their customer insights needs, including research design, execution and analysis
- 5+ years’ work experience in Customer Experience or Strategy; (less experience required if within top-tier Management Consulting)
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related field
- Ability to lead development of business cases, including financial statement creation
- Strong business acumen and passion for understanding and solving problems for consumers of financial services
- 3-5 years’ experience building, modifying, and running Excel based business scenarios and predictive models at an expert-level (able to teach others)
- Experience designing research studies (e.g. writing quantitative questionnaires, qualitative interview guides) and analyzing responses (e.g., statistical analysis, qualitative response coding)
- 3-5 years’ experience synthesizing analyses and preparing corporate presentations for senior executives (both oral and written) with minimal upfront direction
- Experience leading projects and managing tasks of more junior team members; experience managing direct reports is an asset
- Experience, confidence, and maturity managing internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization, including senior management and the Board of Directors
- Expert in MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Comfort with VBA, MySQL, and statistics (regression analysis, correlations, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada