Senior Account Manager, Commercial Origination
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: Senior Account Manager, Origination CFG
Department: Commercial CFG Origination
Reports To: Vice President, Origination CFG
Purpose of the Job
The Senior Account Manager, Commercial Origination is responsible to originate and analyze new loan opportunities, build and develop new partner relationships and work in conjunction with the credit and funding teams to ensure proper deal flow from inception to closing.
The incumbent will be primarily analyzing, structuring conventional, and construction loan opportunities in a variety of asset classes and assessing their viability in accordance with Equitable’s underwriting and pricing parameters and making appropriate recommendations.
Liaison with senior executives, procuring large commercial mortgage transactions with direct clients, mortgage brokers and new partners as well as preparing loan summaries, issuing loan proposals, inspecting properties, as well as providing limited account management support to the underwriting group. This position involves cross-functional challenges and is integral to the overall success of the commercial group in meeting annual target volumes.
- The incumbent will communicate daily with the Origination, Credit, Funding teams, with management, staff within the department and company as well as external contacts (partners, brokers, clients, appraisers, etc.).
- 30% on a weekly basis, the incumbent will communicate and meet with external contacts to procure new commercial transactions and attend all industry related events to promote EQB commercial mortgage program. As well, will be responsible for coordinating marketing initiatives, and identifying new loan opportunities in conjunction with the origination team.
- 20% on a weekly basis, the incumbent is responsible for time management of their deal flow in order to meet prescribed deadlines with the underwriting team.
- 10% on a weekly basis, the incumbent may be required to travel for site inspections or presentations.
- Proficient credit skills with a minimum of 5 years commercial mortgage experience as an analyst, account manager or underwriter
- Experience with institutional construction lending
- Post-secondary education (diploma/degree) preferably in business or finance is required. Specialization in Real Estate (e.g. Urban Land Economics, Real Property Valuation/Assessment ) a definite asset
- Sound knowledge of secured lending and factors affecting the commercial mortgage market both regulatory and macro-economic level
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of financial statements and financial ratio analysis
- Working knowledge of AML/ATF regulations and Corporate/Legal documentation (both direct and partner originated transactions) for commercial real estate in multiple jurisdictions across Canada
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Good time management skills
- Strong negotiation, sales ability and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently albeit in a team environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond in a clear, concise and professional manner. In addition, the ability to understand how to secure new business
- Strong customer service focus, industry knowledge and a team player
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada