Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Title: Application Analyst
Department: Tech Delivery - Enterprise
Reports To: Development Manager, Enterprise Technology
Purpose of the Job
The Application Analyst is responsible for supporting all aspects of the company’s financial applications, including core financial applications. He/she will be responsible for production support, administration, workflow development, testing, and documenting various aspects and flows of the applications to meet the business needs of the company. He/she will be required to work with various business users and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and report to the Development Manager. He/she will ensure that all reported incidents are triaged and addressed in a timely manner, meet regulatory change deadlines and fulfilling corporate objectives while escalating risks.
- Provide application support, front or back end, during on and off normal work hours, ensuring correct functioning of bank systems
- Development of Microsoft Dynamics 365, including process flows, workflows, actions, views, customizations, and configuration
- Manage and oversee automated and/or manual system jobs are executed properly
- Communicate and follow up on all issues on a timely basis ensuring all parties are kept informed including escalations to the Development Manager
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions with business units to clarify the required behavior, and the risks and impacts to the bank
- Work with our internal partners as well as 3rd party vendors to triage and bring all issues to a resolution which include review sessions, coordinating the deployments to various environments, business user testing support and act as the business liaison for the vendor
- Support application rollout and upgrade projects by working with our internal teams as well as vendors. Prioritize tasks and provide status updates. This may involve non-business hour work.
- Support and participate in annual disaster recovery testing exercises, year-end processes as well as periodic review of user privileges, system resource set up, system default set up and other general data issues and take necessary action, which may involve non-business hour work
- Support the Development Manager, Enterprise Technology with status report generation and backlog prioritization
- Provide documentation for:
- Prepare training documentation as well as facilitate training sessions to business users as needed
- Ensure that all required documentation including proof of testing and sign-off for the issue and/or enhancement being resolved or implemented is readily available for internal and/or external audit review.
- Prepare requirements and support documentation which could include story maps, user stories and/or use cases, data mapping matrix and process flows
- Follow prescribed change control procedures, making sure all changes are properly documented, approved and communicated from initiation to design to testing to implementation
- 3+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology and Application Support
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Dynamics 365, developing workflows, process flows, actions and views, customizations, defining users and permissions, configuration and writing scripts
- 2 years working with SharePoint, including site administration and workflows
- Experience with supporting corporate websites
- University education in the areas of Information Technology or Commerce/Business Administration
- Experience administering, debugging, monitoring and tuning of applications and web services, including Tomcat, Apache, and databases
- High level of analytical skill, detail orientation, and sound judgement when evaluating new and existing issues, and proposing application or process changes
- Good communication skills, verbal and written are required, to interact with business units in the bank as well as 3rd party vendors
- Strong organizational skills while working on multiple initiatives concurrently which require collaboration of different teams
- Ability to self-learn and get up to speed quickly on new systems and business processes
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of scripting, programming tools, and software SDLC
- Knowledge of writing, maintaining and optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience in the financial industry
- Experience developing automation scripts
- Experience with PortfolioPlus, Cyberquery, CapitalStream, OneSumX, Cognos and / or FileNexus
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada