Software Development Manager
Canada's Challenger Bank™If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Equitable Bank is Canada's ninth largest independent Schedule I bank, serving Canadians coast to coast. It offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs. Through its proven branchless approach and customer service focus, Equitable Bank has grown to approximately $31 billion in assets under management. In 2016, Equitable Bank launched a digital banking operation, EQ Bank, and introduced the EQ Bank Savings Plus Account. Equitable Bank currently employs over 750 employees across the country.
Within Equitable Bank's Core Lending business, Single Family Lending Services funds mortgages for owner-occupied and investment properties across Canada, while Commercial Lending Services provides mortgages on a variety of commercial properties on a national basis.Equitable's Securitization Financing business originates and securitizes insured residential mortgages under the Canada Mortgage and Housing ("CMHC") administered National Housing Act.Equitable Bank also offers a range of deposit products including short-term, long-term and Cashable GICs, available in non-registered or Tax Free Savings Account ("TFSA") across Canada. And it offers a High Interest Savings Account, available from authorized investment advisors through the FundServ network.
Equitable Bank is a growing Canadian financial services business and a wholly owned subsidiary of Equitable Group. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company.
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Department: Digital Banking & Channel Technology
Reports To: Director, IT, Digital Banking & Channel Technology
Purpose of Job
The Software Development Manager is accountable for leading integration and development build activities for a collection of technology systems and projects which support Equitable Bank’s strategic and Digital initiatives. The Manager will also ensure application currency and availability by leading maintenance and support of platforms.
Primary responsibilities include designing, developing, implementing and supporting Angular web portals, RESTful/SOAP APIs, Java Spring MicroServices and other platform products and integrations. The incumbent will build and grow a team of Technologists, including recruiting, training, and coaching.
- Direct accountability for planning, delivering, and supporting changes to a suite of technology systems and platforms in one or more business & technical domains
- Provide business and technical domain expertise to delivery teams to ensure maximum project scope feasibility and business viability
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of solution designs based on understanding of business objectives and requirements
- Manage and plan development tasks required to successfully deliver changes
- Conduct and oversee code reviews
- Provide technical expertise and technology investment recommendations for new technologies and application systems
- Champion continuous improvement of Development practices, including processes, automation, and tools related Design Patterns, Tech Frameworks / Languages, Source Code Management, Code Reviews, and Release Management for respective technical domain
- Tailor delivery methodology and tools as required to achieve objectives
- Recruit, train and develop a team of Technologists
- Manage resource demand forecasts and ensure resources are continuously aligned with business priorities
- Estimate and manage a plan for deliveries using delivery methodology expertise across both Agile, Waterfall and hybrid approaches
- Manage releases, delivery planning and estimation approaches for technology changes and processes related to the delivery of services
- Provide L2/L3 application support for product incidents of supported applications
- Manage delivery and support from suppliers and vendor partners with support from Enterprise partners and IT Directors
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in leading multiple developers and technologists to deliver and support application systems
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical degree or equivalent experience is required
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building RESTful API solutions and/or MicroServices in the Financial Services
- Technical domain knowledge of software development languages, tools, and patterns are required, specifically a mixture of Java Spring/Springboot, Hibernate, SAML, OAuth, OIC, iOS, Android, and native cloud development approaches
- Proven experience in managing API lifecycle, preferably with tools such as MuleSoft API Manager or equivalent
- Experience with configuration, deployment and testing of enterprise software applications
- Experience with SQL Server database, SQL, T-SQL; Experience with NoSQL and cloud databases are beneficial
- Experience with bug tracking and collaboration software: Jira, Confluence or similar
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks and tools (Junit, MUnit or TestNG) and source control software (CVS, SVN, Git or similar)
- Self-starter who can take a concept and drive it through to the design and implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Equitable Bank, Toronto, Ontario, Canada