Associate Insurance Advisor - Part-Time: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday Schedule
Under general supervision, the Associate Insurance Advisor I is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation primarily through the sales and service of our personal lines products (auto, home insurance) and may provide some basic support for additional product lines.
Under general supervision,
1. Sales, service and profitable growth of personal lines insurance products.
2. Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs.
3. Prospect and cross sell by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client.
4. Complete front line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines.
5. Identify which risks require inspections and re-inspections.
6. Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity.
7. Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
8. Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
9. Proactively complete client reviews on the auto, home, farm and/or commercial portfolio.
10. May provide administrative support.
- Level 1 general insurance license is required.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- One (1) year sales and service experience or related business experience is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with selling techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of auto and property insurance products is an asset.
- Skilled in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making.
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license may be required.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required in this classification.
The employee understands and acknowledges that professional training and development is required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.76
- Max Hiring Rate $24.92
- Powell River, BC, Canada