930 - DON VALLEY EAST EARLYON - Supervisor
About Family Day:
Family Day Care Services is committed to high-quality early learning and care. We are a non-profit, charitable organization with a long and distinguished history of providing services to children and families throughout Toronto, York and Peel Regions. We are a multi service organization which provides a broad range of services including: 24 Child Care Centres, 49 Before and After Care programs, 208 Licensed Home Child Cares, 6 Early ON programs, 2 Homework Plus programs, and Special Needs Resourcing for children and their families living in the Greater Toronto Area.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Supervisor is accountable for the day-today operations of the Centre or Satellite. This position has the overall responsibility to direct and manage all centre enrolment, staffing and volunteers, employee relations, parent relations, Health & Safety, financial accountability and electronic data management, while ensuring compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA), provincial and municipal regulations that support the operating mission and goals.
- Provides leadership and actively participates as a member of the EarlyON staff team
- Responsible for the development of appropriate promotional & marketing plans.
- Ensures all programs are accessible and safe
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates the Early Years developmentally appropriate programs that facilitate learning and developmental goals of children
- Plans, implements, monitors and evaluates family/caregiver programs delivered in partnership with community agencies
- Develops new programs, monitors and measures outcome delivery
- Facilitates parent educational programs. Refers, gives support and provides information to parents
- Completes and reviews all data collections for the Ministry
- Networks with schools, libraries and community agencies
- Keeps current on research and issues affecting families and children
- Responsible for building maintenance of EarlyON Centre & satellite sites.
- Ensures equipment and supplies are maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Responsible for the EarlyON Centre and satellite operation s staff meetings, training sessions and early years workshops
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
- Early Childhood Education Degree or Diploma
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the CECE
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and/or designate experience an asset
- Minimum of 5 years child and family experience
- Family support education and/or experience an asset
- Management and development of programs for children 0-6
- Proven ability to deliver family support programs
- Well-developed skills in areas such as leadership, communication, organization, assessment, teamwork, confidentiality, commitment and accountability, initiative and creativity.
- Knowledge of best practices in the Early Learning development field
- Social and multicultural sensitivity
- Strong and effective relationship builder
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates the ability to network with community agencies and partners
- Medical required – including TB (two stages) 6 months current to hiring date
- Criminal Reference Check 180 days current to hiring date
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR- level C
- Valid Driver’s License and access to vehicle
As an equal opportunity employer our staff represents many diverse backgrounds. We are committed, respectful and inclusive bringing awareness, passion and new ideas that contribute to quality early learning and child care.
Interested candidates may apply through Dayforce by May 22, 2019.
Family Day Care Services is committed to providing a safe environment for children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Family Day Care Services will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need to ensure your equal participation, feel free to contact Human Resources via email: email@example.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Job Start Date Tuesday, July 16, 2019
- 332 Consumers Rd, North York, ON M2J 1P8, Canada