Senior Supply Planner
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
We are looking for an energetic and resourceful Supply Planner to join our team. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Planner holds a key role within the Supply Chain Team, responsible for ensuring we have supply of products to meet our customer demands, while within budget constraints. The ideal candidate will have a background in Supply / Material Planning, Master Scheduling or Production Planning and be an enthusiastic team player.
This role will work closely with cross-functional members of the Supply Chain team, Customer Service, Sales and Finance.
- Inventory Control
- Plan and maintain inventory levels to meet customer demands within budget
- Update various reports weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Root cause shortages and provide action plans for continuous improvement
- Identify and proactively communicate SKU’s requiring expedites
- Track and communicate PO delivery dates
- Data Integrity
- Ensure ERP system is maintained; information is reliable and up-to-date
- Identify areas for process improvement and make implementation recommendations
- Long Range Planning
- Facilitate seasonal planning preparation
- Liaise with Demand Planners to identify items over/under selling
- Make purchase decisions
- Supplier Management
- Work with suppliers to manage capacity & constraints
- Identify supply capacity bottlenecks & adjust plans to prevent potential shortages
- Work with suppliers to balance optimal MOQ with DOS
- Create and maintain purchase orders
- Work with vendors to expedite and delay PO’s as needed based on demand
- Work with Product Managers to support new product launches
- Three to Five years of experience in Supply Planning, material planning, master scheduling or a related field.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Supply Chain Management, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- CSCP/CPIM designation would be an asset.
- Advances experience within ERP/MRP systems, experience within Oracle based systems and asset
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and balance competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Proactive, organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and as part of an engaged team.
- Personable and self-starter with the ability to engage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, with an end result of driving forward various projects.
- Ability to prioritize and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, resourceful and known for a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, to accommodate the various time zones between our clients’ operational facilities
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada