Director, Supply Chain
The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
Reporting to the Vice President Operations, the Director of Supply Chain, will manage and lead wide-ranging aspects of the product supply chain such as procurement, delivery and warehousing of materials, inventory control and distribution of finished goods. Your team also manages the demand planning process, provides a statistical baseline forecast to inform regular discussions with sales colleagues, analyzes inventory levels and troubleshoot issues that can affect supply. As a professional in supply chain management, you will apply practices to respond to business challenges and help advance organizational goals. You’re the right candidate if you can lead us to an accurate sales forecast, develop a just in time supply plan, directly manage our warehousing teams, and work successfully with our overseas manufacturing partners.
Leadership is key. The Director of Supply Chain will strive to achieve a “best in class” operation by designing and leading the implementation of best practices in all areas of responsibility. This role will lead and direct the work of others and will be a positive influence on both the immediate supply chain team and others across the organization.
In the true entrepreneurial spirit, no one on the team is truly segmented. You will have frequent interaction with everyone from the CEO and other members of the executive team through to Finance, Product Development and Sales and Marketing. You will also work closely with colleagues across the Glen Dimplex Group and will be a key supporter of driving excellence in supply chain to all Group companies.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience leading activities related to procurement, demand and supply planning, inventory control, receiving and distribution
- Have experience leading and understand the value of a disciplined S&OP process
- Be a recognized leader in your field, ideally with APICS/ISM certification
- Be an exceptional communicator with an innate ability to impact and influence people
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be proactive – a self-starter; someone that can figure out a solution when one doesn’t immediately present itself
- Have experience implementing best practices in supply chain and building the credibility and value of the function across an organization
- Recognize the value in monitoring and analyzing current market trends and have the ability to apply them to the organization as appropriate
- Set the highest ethical standards for yourself and others and ensure that the supply chain organization is compliant with all legal, financial and safety standards
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cambridge, ON, Canada