The Glen Dimplex Americas organization operates in North,
Central and South America. Focused on
enhancing the moments that matter in life with a commitment to delivering the best design and efficiency in the areas of temperature control and comfort
creation. The organization’s portfolio
of leading brands are strategically positioned to meet the market challenges of
tomorrow by enhancing the moments that matter in life and in the environment.
The Dimplex brand focuses on innovation, inspired design and
energy efficiency while the Cadet brand invites warmth and dependability at a
value appreciated by its customers. Together these brands provide complete product offerings in the
residential and commercial comfort categories, ranging from electric heaters, to
fireplaces and controls. Dimplex also
delivers on inspired design in the category of home furnishings with a complete
line of mantels and media consoles.
Glen Dimplex Americas is a division of the Glen Dimplex Group - the world's largest manufacturer of electrical heating, which holds significant global market positions in domestic appliances, heating, cooling, ventilation, and renewable energy solutions. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland the Glen Dimplex Group privately owns over 40 brands with operations in 80 countries.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the functions of the onsite Human Resources department. They will work closely with both the HR team and onsite management teams to ensure successful and efficient day-to-day operations. The HR Coordinator will provide support to employees and act as a point of contact with vendors, such as benefits, staffing agencies, pre-employment screening, etc. Additionally, this position will support EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) with regards to assigned tasks as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the HR team, collaborating on processes and methods to provide an engaging HR experience for employees, as well as department and senior leadership.
- Maintains a high level of competence in using various on-line HRIS systems such as Ceridian Dayforce. Provides expertise, training, and support regarding the use of these systems.
- Works closely with departments in coordinating employment related processes, including but not limited to: recruiting, pre-employment screening, onboarding, benefits & leave administration, training and development, performance management.
- Maintains employee file records, including status updates, terminations, new hires and other HR related matters.
- Ensures smooth communication and coordination with payroll, finance and accounting teams regarding payroll and benefit billing processes.
- oordinates benefit and leave administration, including workers compensation, in collaboration with the HR Business Partner.
- Works closely with departments to coordinate position recruitment.
- Assists with HR-related data research, analysis and reporting.
- Participates on various committees or work groups including health & safety, employee appreciation,
- May work with HR team on employee relations issues as necessary.
- Assist in providing HR support to the organization when the HR Business Partner is unavailable.
- Strictly adheres to policies and procedures regarding confidentiality.
- Acts as liaison relating to general environmental, health and safety (EHS) topics, and assists in injury investigations and/or continued solutions as needed.
- Maintains incident reporting and safety documentation with regards to EHS
- Assists with the administration of health and wellness plans. Processes required documents through payroll and ensures accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists with auditing bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Responds to reference checks and verification of employment status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate ability to work as a team, supporting and encouraging growth in others.
- Must be able to work independently in addition to functioning well in a collaborative team setting and multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully carry out the requirements of the position.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, via email, and in writing
- Must be able to prioritize workload and meet important deadlines.
- Must be able to occasionally work beyond normal working hours.
- Associates degree in a related field and two years of HR work experience, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Current knowledge of state and federal employment law and best practices required
- Ability to work with a diverse employee population
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to maintain high level of confidentiality with large volume of administrative detail.
- Proficiency with Ceridian Dayforce HRIS preferred
- Comprehensive healthcare package: medical, dental, vision, Life, short & long term disability
- 3 weeks of paid vacation per year
- Health & Wellness annual allowance
- BBQs every other month
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Glen Dimplex Americas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and we are continually striving to attract and retain the best talent available, building ongoing success for both our organization and our employees!
Our team members include people like you: enthusiastic, innovative, motivated and creative. If you are interested in joining our team or learning more about this opportunity, please apply now.
Glen Dimplex Americas is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Glen Dimpex Americas, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, WA, USA