Personal Lines Underwriting Specialist
People come first at Heartland. As a result, our focus is on relationships. It’s all about delivering genuine customer experience. We have a team of solution–oriented problem solvers providing expertise on our home, farm, commercial and auto products.
What you will do…
As Personal Lines Underwriting Specialist, you will take a leadership role in managing, expanding and continuously updating the Personal Lines resource materials and guidelines. You will also develop, coordinate and facilitate orientation and training for new and existing employees. In order to ensure adherence to the corporate underwriting standards, you will facilitate regular and ongoing underwriter, broker and advisor audits. In this role, you will also support our Business Initiatives team by conducting user acceptance testing (UAT).
We are looking for an energetic individual with a passion for the development of others. This is an ideal role for a strong, creative team player who enjoys working with people and is motivated to deliver results.
What you will bring…
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Personal Lines Underwriter position.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- CIP and/or FCIP and/or CRM designation.
- Previous successful experience as a Personal Lines Trainer and/or Auditor is an asset.
- Experience with IBS5 (policy management system) is an asset.
What we offer…
- A company that truly values integrity, respect, professionalism, transparency, forward thinking, community and environment.
- Ongoing skills development with subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation.
- A defined Incentive Plan where commitment to excellence is financially rewarded.
If you have the qualifications we are seeking and would thrive in a work environment where you are valued and respected, please apply on the company website. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank you for your interest in Heartland Farm Mutual, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Only qualified candidates please. No agencies.)
A Place Where YOU Can Make a Difference! Proudly Canadian. Mutually Owned.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Waterloo, ON, Canada