Volunteer Developer - Settlement
Immigrant Services Calgary is seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Volunteer Developer to develop and deliver effective and appropriate training of volunteers while supporting the general coordination of the Volunteer Program. The Volunteer Developer will be an integral part of the Volunteer Team supporting over 600 volunteers. This is a contracted based position until December 31, 2019.
• Assist with the recruitment and screening of volunteers according to service demands and immigration trends
• Facilitate volunteer orientation and core training sessions.
• Facilitate specialized training sessions according to the needs of communities
• Develop and update training modules as needed.
• Enhance recruitment of volunteers through targeted outreach.
• Identify emerging needs and service gaps in communities
• Work in collaboration with community members on initiatives and projects
• Participate in community events and build relationships in the community
• Develop and deliver cross-cultural presentations to ethno-cultural groups, community organizations, mainstream service providers and the corporate sector
• Ability to work with various community and professional services
• Ensure agency and volunteer needs are being met through effective volunteer placement.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of volunteer placements through follow-up with volunteers and staff.
• Review and update volunteer policies.
• Assist in the organization and coordination of volunteer recognition events and activities.
• Assist with the preparation of reports and proposals.
• Assist in developing new partnerships between the volunteer program and other agencies.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Degree or diploma in Social Sciences, Communications or Education.
• Experience working with volunteer programs is preferred.
• Experience in facilitating adult learning is preferred.
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Cultural sensitivity.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• A second language would be an asset
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Available to work some evenings and weekends.
Please note that a written assignment will be administered as part of the recruitment process, for those candidates who are interviewed.
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada