Coordinator of Communications and Marketing
We are searching for a dynamic individual to join our Communications and Marketing team.
The successful candidate will help design internal and external materials, contribute to the development of our website, and participate in our message-sharing to local and international clients. As we enter a new era of growth, we are seeking someone with superb written and verbal communication skills and ability to support outreach teams in the release of key materials and public meetings. This position reports to directly to the Director of Communications and Marketing.
If selected to advance for this position, a portfolio of work (written and design) will be required.
Additionally, a 1-minute video will be required explaining why Immigration is an important topic for you.
• Hit the big goals: Assist in the implementation of the Communication and Marketing strategic plan while remaining nimble to new changes in the industry.
• Get artsy: Write, edit, and produce high quality print and electronic materials promoting agency services (press releases, newsletter) for newcomers to Canada and mentor staff on ways to connect with the community.
• Lead and guide: Work interdepartmentally to ensure the organization’s activities and their impact are communicated and presented in accordance with our brand identity guidelines. Proofread social media releases and external materials from Outreach teams.
• Meet new people: Act as an ambassador in the community by attending meetings to promote our mission, vision, values, services and impact, and track community relations utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
• Talk globally, locally: Manage incoming social media posts from Outreach teams and cater them for a Calgary audience. Tracking what posts work, what don’t, and design visual materials to help promote their activities. Write content for ISC’s website and assist with website plain language redesign.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Degree or diploma in communications, marketing, or journalism.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to mentor and lead colleagues in a supportive, charismatic manner.
• Experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating communication and marketing plans and materials
• Proficiency working with Adobe tools (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop) or equivalent.
• Experience with content management systems (CMS) or customer relationship management (CRM) tools
• Social Media experience with an understanding of the foundations of Search Engine Optimization and Analytics
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment; adaptable and responsive to shifting priorities
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and overtime during peak periods
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Pay Type Salary
- Immigrant Services Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada