Accounting - Sr Accountant
As a crucial team member of the Finance and Accounting Department, the Senior Accountant is responsible and accountable to the Finance and Accounting Department Management along with providing essential assistance to the General Manager of the assigned housing divisions. The Senior Accountant is responsible and collaborates with the budgeting accounting, financing and cash flow for certain housing divisions. The individual will be responsible for divisional reporting and analysis while providing assurances as to the company accounting procedures to comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide guidance and work with the transactional accounting teams and other internal teams;
- Ensure responsibilities in connection with budgeting, accounting, reporting and cash flow are planned and executed;
- Communicates regularly with internal departments and external parties including Banks, Auditors and CRA.
- Provide value-added reporting and analysis for the Divisional General Manager and operations teams;
- Perform day to day finance and accounting activities which includes taking initiative and solving problems as they arise;
- Follow, evaluate and identify enhancements to accounting policies and procedures that add value;
- Understand the workflow of our business and the implications for the accounting department;
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and management reports;
- Assist in cash flow management and monitoring loan balances;
- Provide value in connection with an ERP conversion and implementation; and
- Complete additional duties assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting;
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CPA);
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role;
- Experience working in the construction or home building industry is an asset;
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis; and
- Basic understanding of Real Estate Law.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong problem-solving skills and abilities;
- Proven ability to take initiative;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; and
- Excellent analytical and effective problem-solving skills and ability.
The ability to sit and stand for long periods of time is required, arm and finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment. The Senior Accountant must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
As part of our recruitment process, please
complete this personality survey: http://www.profileperformancesystem.com/survey.html?SL=48494
We thank all applicants, however only those
being considered will be contacted.Associate
"Landmark Homes, founded in 1977, is one of Alberta's largest residential builders, and is dedicated to leading the industry in sustainable housing solutions that reduce the carbon footprint of the homes we live in. The Landmark Group of Companies is a growing company with operations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Phoenix.
We are Alberta’s highest rated “sustainably” built homes. World class innovations ensure great cost saving maintenance, healthier living space, enhanced resale value and a better world for our children.
At Landmark Homes, we are a passionate and dynamic group of professionals who continually strive to improve the quality of the houses we build while ensuring the best value for the customer and the community. We pursue this goal through research and development of innovative products and processes, integration of state of the art information technology, ongoing education for our entire staff, and a culture of continuous improvement.
Corporate Vision: “To be a major North American housing solutions provider recognized for sustainability and for leading a revolution in the industrialization of housing construction.”
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, April 22, 2019
- Edmonton, AB T6X 0P8, Canada