This posting is inactive.
Data Analyst, Insights
Toronto, ON, Canada Req #79
Monday, August 12, 2019
Data Analyst, Insights
The Ontario Cannabis Store (OCS) provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We’re a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We’re an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are recruiting for a Data Analyst, Insights, to join our team. As Data Analyst, Insights, you will be responsible for the maintenance of datasets, data analysis, trend identification, and creation of reports/visualizations on data related to market/customer insights. Your work will inform decisions made by our Insights team, business partners and leadership team.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your logic/analytical skills, your ability to thrive in a start-up environment, and your passion for identifying trends or recommendations from data sets.
About Your Day
- Retrieve and aggregate data from multiple sources and compile it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Ensure appropriate KPIs are published and reviewed on a timely basis and perform analysis on anything that could impact on data integrity.
- Balance quantitative data analyses with qualitative user insights to uncover how our users use our website and existing products.
- Build, validate, and use data science models to predict the behavior of consumers with the goal of optimizing our systems and processes.
- Leverage data to help the business stakeholders answer questions around products, optimization, customer’s preferred journeys and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights with the insights specialist on the team.
- Apply understanding of respective business strategies to produce relevant data analysis to support business goals and objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, or related discipline.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience as an Analyst role, demonstrating an understanding of data warehousing and data modeling concepts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel & intermediate SQL skills are required. Experience with Power BI, Python and R would be very strong assets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Experience with E-Commerce, Retail, Business Analytics, Customer Sentiment or Natural Language Processing would be an asset.
About the Job
City: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Permanent Full time
Required Travel: Rare, within the GTA
Application Deadline: Aug 19, 2019
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- Toronto, ON, Canada