To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers. The mission of Power to Change is to further the movements of Christian evangelism and discipleship. All Power to Change staff members and volunteers work collectively to further this overall religious mission. The successful candidate for this position must have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the Power to Change Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith. The successful candidate must agree to, sign and, in all good conscience abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents. It is a prerequisite of employment at Power to Change that any and all staff members and volunteers sign and abide by these documents throughout their course of involvement at Power to Change. For a copy of the Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith, please contact Human Resources.
Office, Langley, British Columbia, Canada Req #142
Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Title: Administrative Assistant
Ministry: One Conference (formerly Break Forth Canada)
Location: Langley, BC (Power to Change HQ)
Reports to: Event Director
Position type: Temporary Part-Time (25+ hours a week until January 31, 2020
Power to Change’s mission is to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. Do you want to be part of that mission?
About the Team:
One Conferences serves the church of Canada by helping to unify, equip and empower Christians to confidently live out the mission of Jesus. We gather people who are passionate about building the Church, providing space for thoughtful and innovative dialogue leaning into the challenges facing the church in Canada. Building the church today to be the church of tomorrow.
About the Role:
The Administrative Assistant will support the One Conferences team in a dynamic role, allowing the team to function and serve God with greater capacity.
In this role, you will be responsible to achieve the following objectives:
1. Attendees are shown radical hospitality before, during, and after the event.
● Provide friendly and professional customer service - answering questions through telephone calls and emails, maintaining and updating event database
2. Enable One Conferences team to function at high capacity
● Providing support for, and overseeing administrative details such as ordering event supplies, printing material, packing gear, assembling speaker/volunteer packages and processing invoices.
● Assisting with design of excellent guest registration experience and tracking registrations through weekly reports.
● Supporting with event operations by assembling event order, selecting menus, and arranging ground transportation for speaker/artists.
3. Other duties as required by One Conferences Event Director.
- You have a growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- You have 2-3 years experience in administration/events
- You have experience working on a team
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- You have the ability to problem solve well
- You possess good written and verbal communication skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills
- You are able to multi-task and handle different projects while meeting deadlines
- You are willing to work in collaborative team-focused environment
- You possess intermediate/expert knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- You have experience in event management software (not a requirement but definitely an asset) (Brushfire, Cvent etc.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted directly. Power to Change requires that all staff have a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
Candidates who are selected may be required to complete a background check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Office, Langley, British Columbia, Canada