Sport Camp Coach
Job Categories: Coaching
Position Type: Summer Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Job Region/Location: BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, ATL
Reporting Relationship: Regional Coordinator
Working Conditions: Regional travel
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world.
Athletes in Action (AIA) is the sports ministry arm of Power to Change. We are committed to developing movements of evangelism and discipleship. Our vision is to have a spiritual multiplier on every team and in every sporting community across Canada.
As part of the Athletes In Action’s Camps ministry, you are part of a coaching team that travels from one community to the next. Each team focuses on using their sport to help churches reach their community. These sports include soccer, basketball or athletic development. We are committed to projects to reach grassroots sport communities all across Canada. Imagine coaching children and fighting destructive views of sport culture with the gospel and inspiring the church to reach their community. You can be part of this!
• Coach age-appropriate sport specific skills and physical literacy to children
• Lead small group discussions with campers to help develop character and explain the gospel
• Attend coach’s training, camp meetings and orientations
• Work with a summer ministry team and church volunteers to ensure the operation of an ‘excellent camp’
• Liaise with local churches
• Motivate, encourage and inspire church volunteers and campers to share their faith with friends, family and teammates and to grow in their relationship with God
• Sharing the gospel with children and youth throughout the summer
• Assist with raising money for the ministry and provide feedback for prayer and financial supporters
• Submit inventory totals, camp statistics and stories weekly
Required Skills and Abilities:
• A deep, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ with the desire to grow as a leader who is Christ-like in character and to be faithful, available, and teachable
• Experience relating to non-Christians with a genuine desire to see people’s lives changed
• A desire to learn how to lead others in evangelism and discipleship
• A passion and commitment to communicate the gospel and a keen interest in Christian ministry work
• A commitment to Athletes In Action’s leadership, methods and ministry models
• Basic understanding of coaching soccer, basketball or athletic development
• Comfortable with public speaking or helping to organize others to put on events
• Good time management
• Proven ability to take initiative
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Passion to become an expert at integrating faith and coaching
• Ability to create a safe, fun and exciting learning environment
• Advocate of physical fitness and living a healthy lifestyle
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Club, college, university or pro playing or coaching experience an asset
This position is centrally funded and coach’s pay begins just above the minimum wage of the province the candidate will be working within. AIA gains funds through camper registration, grants and donations.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. In accordance with our mission statement to spread the gospel, everyone who applies to be involved will be required to sign and adhere to the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct. Candidates who are selected will be required to complete a vulnerable sector check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary