Coach - Volleyball
Position Type: Summer Full-Time (40 hours/week) or Part-Time
Job Region/Location: BC, AB
Reporting Relationship: Youth Camps Director
Working Conditions: Regional Travel
Power to Change (P2C) seeks to help people know Jesus and experience His power to change the world. We envision millions of volunteers engaged in faith adventures that transform lives through the power of the gospel. You can be a part of this movement of change by applying your skills in P2C Ministries.
Athletes in Action (AIA) is the sports ministry arm of Power to Change. We are committed to developing movements of evangelism and discipleship. Our vision is to have a spiritual multiplier on every team and in every sporting community across Canada.
As part of Athletes In Action’s Volleyball, you are part of a coaching team that focuses on using volleyball to engage with the sporting community. Each coaching opportunity provides an opening to engage athletes, at all levels, in the process of developing the total athlete (physical, mental, spiritual). We are committed to providing elite level coaching, with the desire to develop spiritual multipliers in the volleyball community. Imagine coaching athletes and fighting destructive views of sport culture with the gospel, while inspiring Christian athletes to reach their community. You can be part of this!
• Coach age appropriate sport specific skills and physical literacy to middle and high school athletes
• Lead small group discussions with campers to help develop character
• Attend coach’s training, camp meetings and orientations
• Commit to put intentional effort into growing in the areas of personal faith and coaching development.
• Motivate, encourage and inspire peers, coaches and campers to share their faith with friends, family and teammates and to grow in their relationship with God
• Help fight destructive views in sport by sharing the gospel with children and youth throughout the summer
• Adopt additional responsibility as it pertains to personal skills (ex. media/marketing, administration, technical skills coaching, spiritual development etc)
• Fundraise for the AIA ministry a minimum of $1,000.00 (if working the full summer)
Required Skills and Abilities:
• A deep, growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ with the desire to grow as a leader who is Christ-like in character and to be faithful, available, and teachable
• Experience relating to non-Christians with a genuine desire to see people’s lives changed
• A desire to learn how to lead others in evangelism and discipleship
• A passion and commitment to communicate the gospel and a keen interest in Christian ministry work
• A commitment to Athletes In Action’s leadership, methods and ministry models
• Have a basic understanding of Coaching volleyball and certified as a Development Coach, or willing to work towards completing this designation.
• Comfortable with public speaking or helping to organize others to put on events
• Organized with good time management
• Proven ability to take initiative
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Passion to become an expert at integrating faith and coaching
• Ability to create a safe, fun and exciting learning environment
• Advocate of physical fitness and living a healthy lifestyle
Education & Experience:
• University degree or equivalent
• High School Diploma
• Club, college, university or pro playing or coaching experience
This position is centrally funded and coach’s pay begins at $13/hour. Consideration is given to those with prior coaching experience and certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Power to Change; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process. In accordance with our mission statement to spread the gospel, everyone who applies to be involved will be required to sign and adhere to the Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct. Candidates who are selected will be required to complete a vulnerable sector check.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Hourly