Finance Adminstrator - Finance
Title: Finance Administrator
Location: Langley, BC
Reports to: Financial Controller
Position type: Full-Time Permanent
Power to Change (P2C) helps people know Jesus and experience His power to Change the world.
The Finance Administrator position provides administrative support to the Finance office at the Langley Headquarters. As a point of contact for many staff, both national and international, the successful candidate must project a professional image through in-person, phone and email interactions. The Finance Administrator is an important member of the Finance department. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize accounting and administrative skills in serving the missionaries of Power to Change!
• Bank Deposits for the Finance and Partner Care departments are prepared and delivered to the bank on time
• Inquiries to Finance are answered and/ or forwarded to the person responsible, in a timely and courteous manner, whether verbal or written
• Accounts Payable payment batches are checked and verified
• Bank balance report is updated no later than 9:30 a.m.
• Basic Journal Entries are posted
• Wire payments are processed accurately (currency type, amount, payee, bank information) and on time
• Credit card transactions are processed and recorded in the general ledger (GL) upon receipt
• Bank transfers are recorded in the GL the same day of the transfer
• All journal entries are filed away properly
• International payments (incoming and outgoing) are processed accurately and on time
• Finance devotion calendars are updated and distributed before the start of the next month
• Finance staff’s meetings with the Financial Controller are arranged, meeting rooms booked, and calendar updated
• P2C International move donation entries are posted.
• Phone and other charges are posted accurately and on time
• Documents for sending funds outside of Canada are reviewed and complied with and staff applying for new funding are assisted on a timely manner
• Ministry reports submitted by international staff are reviewed and in compliance
• Finance Staff members’ birthdays are celebrated in a fun, creative manner
• Financial reports from National Offices are reviewed
• Finance file boxes are transferred out of Finance offices and stored
• Summer BBQ, Year End audit lunch and Christmas festivities are organized in a fun, creative manner
• Project codes are created or amended accurately in Donor Studio, Great Plains, and ITSLoader
• Moneris machines are made available, in a timely manner, for the use of different ministries
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary education in business administration, finance or accounting
• Some experience with bookkeeping or general ledger accounting considered an asset
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
• Experience with Great Plains or similar ERP system considered an asset
Required Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and skill in accounting and finance procedures
• Knowledge of office and administrative practices and principles
• Skills in both verbal and written communication
• Skills in problem solving and decision-making
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s license
• Ability to focus and complete tasks with limited time
• Must have good work ethic, punctual and good attendance record
• Ability to be proactive in asking questions and clarifications
A growing, personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a pre-existing belief and demonstration of lifestyle as outlined in the P2C Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined in these documents.
To view more career opportunities at Power to Change, please visit www.p2c.com/careers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Office, Langley, British Columbia, Canada