Digital Content Syndication Editor
Nature is full of surprises, but your future doesn’t have to be.
Forecast a fulfilling career with us!
We have an EXCITING new opportunity and we need YOUR help in all things editorial! You’ll need to be a stellar relationship builder who can take charge and make important editorial decisions. Also, did we mention you will have the chance to work on a special project coming down the pipeline!?
As the Digital Content Syndication Editor, you will be responsible for curating, optimizing, pitching and distributing content to partner channels and platforms. You will work cross-functionally with relevant internal teams to drive objectives such as expanding editorial distribution, growing referral traffic and maximizing monetization. In this role, you will rely on outstanding relationship building skills, extensive experience making data driven editorial decisions, the ability to identify new editorial opportunities and driving cross-functional value on partner platforms. You will also maintain quality standards and implement best practices across current and emerging platforms. This position includes participation in creative and editorial meetings and special projects!
A Day in the Life of a Digital Content Syndication Editor:
- Develop syndication strategy tailored to specific partners by understanding how various narratives can come to life on different channels and platforms.
- Review, research, select, edit, optimize, pitch and strategically curate video and editorial content across partner platforms such as MSN, CNN, Yahoo etc.
- Track performance metrics to draw actionable insights from data that will improve engagement and evolve editorial insights.
- Actively work with the Video & Editorial team to achieve performance objectives and ensure editorial guidelines are maintained.
- Create and manage an editorial calendar of events and ideation to share with partners that aligns internally and ensures programming is synchronized, relevant and representative of editorial strategy.
- Manage asset distribution media rights, ensure assets have optimized meta tags and that content delivery adheres to partner specifications.
- Merchandise video and editorial with compelling thumbnails, imagery and headlines.
- Work with design/product teams to enrich content layouts/design, when applicable.
- Through innovative thinking, efficiency and root cause analysis, contribute to the scaling and streamlining of distribution operations by identifying solutions to eliminate issues and optimize output.
- Provide feedback on CMS tools, test new features and report bugs.
- Participate in new projects and opportunities and ad hoc initiatives as needed.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with partners across multiple platforms.
This is what YOU have:
- Minimum three years of experience as a digital writer, producer and/or curator.
- Degree / Diploma in Communications/Journalism/Digital production.
- Excellent editorial judgment essential, including the ability to write, edit and prepare news line-ups and/or other on air elements.
- Strong knowledge of video and editorial ecosystem across digital channels and social platforms.
- Strong communication, writing and video editing skills
- Outstanding skills in optimizing headlines, images and captions.
- Experience researching and publishing on digital platforms and social platforms.
- Experience with content management systems (Contentful) and analytics tools (Brightcove, Google Analytics etc.).
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of North American geography, meteorology and current affairs (we are a Weather company after all!)
But what really makes you stand out is…
- Ability to work effectively under 24/7 deadline pressure.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Organized and meticulous about details – this one’s a MUST!
- You are innovative and creative, with a desire to deliver the BEST product.
- Adept at working effectively in teams with members possessing diverse skill sets, experience and ways of working.
You’re always up for a challenge and like to have FUN at work!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Agencies, we ask that you please not solicit.
Please note that part of our recruitment and selection process includes references and background checks. Our background checks include criminal, education, and employment checks.
Pelmorex Corp is committed to equity in the workplace.
What are we about?
We’re the #1 weather company in Canada. We’re about providing current,
accurate and detailed weather information. Our website is in the top 5
news sites in Canada and our weather app is the most popular weather app
Why join us?
Our founder, Pierre Morrissette, has built a culture where you feel
like you’re a part of an extended family. People are friendly. People
are accessible. People truly care about each other. Together we’re
focused on the future and becoming the international leaders in weather
Just a few reasons to join our amazing team include competitive salary
and benefits, a casual work environment and summer hours. We offer
endless tea and fresh coffee, a busy social calendar of events and
proximity to great amenities. We have plenty of free parking and are a
few-minutes’ walk to the nearest bus stop.
Do you have what it takes? We’re looking for people who live and breathe our core values; people who have the WOW factor! Who handle themselves with HONESTY & INTEGRITY and through TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION will INSPIRE INNOVATION & DRIVE CHANGE! People who are RESULTS ORIENTED, have a PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE & EXECUTION and through FOCUS & TENACITY challenge the status quo and think outside the box. We’re looking for smart, forward-thinking problem solvers who can ENGAGE PEOPLE with their RESPECT & WIN-WIN
attitude. Most of all, we’re looking for people who are passionate
about what they do and about the weather. Does this sound like you?
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakville Office, Oakville, Ontario, Canada