Quality Systems Coordinator
Skjodt – Barrett Foods is a growing leader in the North American food industry, specializing in the supply of custom developed food solutions for the world’s leading retail food, foodservice and healthcare product manufacturers. Our products are enjoyed in peoples’ homes, when they dine out with their families, and when they need the important nutrition provided by the healthcare community. We support many of the brands that consumers reach for every day. We are a fast-paced business with international customers and continual challenge. We need smart, versatile people who can share their skills and energy with our team as we continue our success.
The primary function of this position is to sustain the company’s Quality System documentation by monitoring and coordinating changes to SOP’s, data forms, product specifications, test methods, databases etc., in order to ensure that the company’s QMS remain in compliance.
• Assist with Company food safety and quality program updates in order to ensure the facility is meeting requirements.
• Maintain consistent execution of Quality programs, internal procedures and compliance with BRC requirements.
• Maintain certification databases i.e. Organic and Kosher as well as supplier of ingredients and packaging databases.
• Assist Quality Systems Manager to ensure HACCP plan is maintained, updated and revised as per schedule.
• Ensure that the allergen program is being followed and ensure quality & food safety standards are being met.
• Ensure management of change QA approval is conducted on time.
• Conduct a variety of monthly and yearly internal audits (Facility inspection, GMP, etc.)
• Monitor and verify CCP and implement corrective actions and training when needed.
• Deliver continuous Quality training to new and existing employees.
• Maintain pest control program along with 3rd party contractor.
• Assist with other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor or undergraduate studies in Food Sciences or other related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the Food industry (at least 2 as QC/QA technician)
• Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP and any GFSI standards.
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
• Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
Personal information submitted will only be used for the purposes of the competition in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Skjodt-Barrett Foods Inc, Brampton, Ontario, Canada